Goa Diaries Part II

Abhimanyu was grinning as he swam back to the shore. 

He had spent most of his evening surfing- it was high tide and the waves were tumultuous enough to give him some challenge. Droplets of waters dripped down his wetsuit, and he shook his head, keeping his wet curls out of his eyes. 

Now that thrill of adrenaline had subsided, he remembered he had to read the party manifestos, and send some emails. Abhimanyu picked up a fluffy towel lying on the sun chair, and patted himself dry. 

From the corner of his eye, he saw a dark figure at his far left. 

He turned his head to the side, and the figure immediately hid behind a grove of palm trees. Abhimanyu clicked his tongue in annoyance. It was a private beach- trespassers couldn't be tolerated.  His family hardly visited Coral Loft, it wasn't uncanny that locales took the liberty of using their beach. 

" What are you doing here?" He asked, loudly. 

He'd give the trespasser a warning, maybe a threat or two if needed. The figure poked his head from behind the palms, visibly trembled and started bolting away. Abhimanyu grew suspicious and tossed the towel. 

" What a nuisance." He shook his head, before chasing the intruder.

 There were no sources of light on the beach, there was only a faint glow emanating from the house. He could barely see the dark blurry figure. Abhimanyu was barefoot, but the sand was wet and soft so he didn't mind. 

" I said stop!" Abhimanyu yelled at him, picking up his pace. He was tall and had longer strides than his skinny intruder, almost catching up to him, when the intruder stopped suddenly, panting and huffing.

Abhimanyu couldn't stop his motion and crashed directly into the person.Both of them tumbled into the sand. Abhimanyu got elbowed in the stomach, his limbs were all mangled with the soft ones of the intruder. He had to cough out hair that wasn't his own. 

" Owww!" He heard a familiar cry. 

" Damn it!" Abhimanyu cursed, propping  himself on elbow, and looking down at the intruder squashed beneath him.  He had becoming increasingly aware that the intruder was a woman, and he was close enough to see exactly who. 

" Get off me!"  Rivannah groaned in pain, " You're heavy!"

Abhimanyu blinked in utter horror. How was he supposed to know it was her? She'd retired to her room after declaring that she was going to study! And why in the world was she running away from him? 

He could feel Rivannah squirming under him, groaning and grunting, and immediately propelled himself to stand. His cheeks were burning in embarrassment and he did his best not to think how her good soft body felt against his. 

He opened his mouth to speak, but no words left his lips. 

 Rivannah complained, forcing herself to sit, " Why are you after my life? I just came out for a swim. I can't believe you tackled me to the ground. Do you have seriously no regard that I'm a girl? You were so heavy! I was crushed under your weight. I've got sand in unspeakable places!"

" I didn't know it was you!" Abhimanyu defended himself vehemently, " I thought someone was trespassing." 

Rivannah gave him a murderous glare, " Who chases a trespasser like a madman? You should've just let the poor bloke go."

" You should have stopped running." Abhimanyu grumbled under his breath. 

" You tackled me to the ground." Rivannah was almost going to cry.

 She used to be a spoiled princess and she'd never been subjected to such callous behaviour. Her shoulders ached and her ankle felt like it's been twisted.