C H A P T E R - 9

AUTHOR'S POV

Tick-Tock

Tick-Tock

Tick-Tock.

The constant ticking of the clock was the only thing that could be heard in Bonten's meeting room.Everybody was staring at one another,not knowing what to say,how to start a conversation.

"So...Miss Kobayashi..."Kokonoi was the first to break the deadly silence.He stared at you with one would assume was awe in his eyes.

You looked up from your nails at him and raised an eyebrow,unbothered,waiting for the man to continue his idea.

He cleared his throat."I...Uh...I have to admit it...You did a great job...Uh...Well... Exterminating Akako Ito."

"Thank you."You said cooly.At your response,Sasha snorted.All the men in the room turned to glare at her,but she glared back,not even in the slightest scared.

Mikey,the leader,was the one to speak next."Although you 'won' Sanzu's deadly game..."He glanced at the said man who was currently sulking in his chair,hands crossed across his chair,a cigarette between his lips,his eyes narrowed at your calm figure."...We won't be letting you go."

You didn't say anything whatsoever,just stared boredly at the platinum haired man in front of you.

He sighed and continued."It will be too dangerous.You will laugh,but we do keep our word.So you won't die.At our hand,at least.But you just can't go back."

When he paused again,you said calmly."Why does it seem to me that you are way more affected by this than I should be?Just spit it out already."

Sasha snorted again,but Sanzu,who was sitting next to Mikey,pressed his katana to your neck in seconds and whispered in your ear,but loud enough for the others to hear."Speak to Mikey with respect,you bitch.I don't tolerate rudeness when it comes to my boss."He pressed the blade harder on your neck for emphasis,to which you just grinned.

"Oh,you poor soul.I feel bad for you,honestly..."He frowned,but his grip didn't loosen one bit."This loyalty of yours?"You pointed to the room in general."Will get you killed.Do you think your boss would miss you?Respect you after you saved his life and died for him?Do you think he is capable of that when he kills people every day in cold blood?When he clearly doesn't have any idea what loving somebody means?"You scoffed."Oh,please,give me a break."

Sanzu was really on the brink of slitting your throat,but Mikey spoke."Haruchiyo,leave Miss Kobayashi alone."He said coldly,to which the pink haired man complied immediately."As I was saying,Kobayashi-san,from now on you will be living with us.In addition to that,so as to not get bored,and also not just stay in our house for free,I would want you to work with us."

"Are you making her part of Bonten?"Kokonoi asked in disbelief,eyes wide.

Mikey watched you closely."Not yet.Important information won't be disclosed to her until I trust her completely,until she proves she is trustworthy,until I have a thorough background check on her."He looked at Kakucho who nodded."But since her killing skills are so good-as we have seen previously-she will be joining you on missions."

Everybody nodded at the order.You grinned and stood up from your chair,bowing mockingly."If that's what the Sano Manjiro wants,then I can't do anything but accept the offer."Sanzu gritted his teeth at your act but didn't dare do anything as long as his boss didn't order him to.

The rest watched you,some with awe,others with amusement,and you elegantly sat back down on your chair,unbothered by the news that should have somehow shocked you.

"Not gonna lie,I expected a fight."Ran said after moments of silence.Mikey just glared at him while you scoffed,a smile on your lips.

"I am not that bratty,Ran.And also...I needed a vacation.Being a prosecutor is tiring as fuck-"

"Oh!She swore!"Sasha pointed a finger at you,eyes wide,lips twisted into a wide grin.

"Of course I swear.Why?You think those who apply the law on people don't talk shitty?"You scoffed."Thats the first mistake you can make while meeting somebody like me."

"Somebody like you?"Kakucho raised an eyebrow.

"Somebody who works for the law.Prosecutors,judges,lawyers,etc.All of them have their dark sides,some even darker than a criminal's.Hell...At least you are honest about your intentions."You grinned."We truly are snakes."You glanced at Sanzu who rolled his eyes.

Mikey cleared his throat and got up from his chair."Miss Kobayashi-"

"Oh,please,just call me Y/n.We are gonna be living in the same house now,aren't we?And plus,I am also kind of your colleague of some sort,aren't I?"

Sanzu looked like he was about to strangle you right then and there for interrupting his boss,but Mikey,probably sensing his anger,lifted a hand up,signalling for the man to calm down,then continued his sentence.

"Kakucho will show you to your bedroom."He nodded at Kakucho and left the room,Sanzu following behind him.

You turned your attention to Kakucho who watched you with amusement."Shall we,dear gentleman?"You asked as you stood up,your hand extended in front of you.He got up from his chair and took your hand,kissing your knuckles,all while never breaking eye contact with you.
.
.
.
.
.
"We shall,my lady."

(。ŏ﹏ŏ)

(PS:IM SORRY BUT KAKUCHO IS SO HOT,LIKE WHAT?!)