Chapter 30

Happy Reading :)

"Kids!" Rosa's voice rang out as soon as we got home.

"Hi Rosa," Marcus smiled charmingly and kissed her on the cheek. We all
followed his lead, kissing her on both cheeks before putting our backpacks down in our rooms.

"You guys ready for game night?" She smiled.

"Yeah," We all grimaced. She continued with her jovial mood all the way to dinner.

We were eating quietly when she spoke up.

"Do you kids know how to play Poker?" Our mouths dropped, "Let's have a little bet, a bet for something,"

"Do you mean gambling?" Marcus stuttered.

"Gambling is such an ugly word, I prefer betting, or wagering," She smiled her sweet old lady smile.

"Auntie Rosa you are a gambler," I giggled.

"And a week ago you were pregnant," She snapped and I immediately shut my mouth.

Melvin bent over trying to control his laughter but failing miserably.

"Bottom line is you can label anything," Rosa smiled.

"I don't know Rosa, we can play monopoly or something," Marcus said cautiously.

"Oh that old game? That's a snooze, besides I know there's something you're just dying to ask me,"

"How did you-"

"I'm not as old as I look dear, you should have figured that out last time you tried to test me. Go on child, ask me,"

"We were thinking of throwing a little get together," Melvin spoke up in place of a very shocked Marcus.

"Speak plainly Melvin dear, don't sugarcoat, it's not professional," She interrupted.

We all had clearly underestimated my aunt, this attitude was definitely not what we had bargained for.

"We want to throw a party," Melvin said once more.

"How did we not see this coming?" Joseph hissed quietly to me, clearly shocked at Rosa's behavior.

"Maybe because you could barely pee standing up the last time we saw her," I hissed back.

"Well I don't know how well your parents would approve of that but maybe if you beat me in poker I will go on an overnight trip to a friends house," The devious woman offered.

"You have friends?" Melvin blurted.

"Shut up Melvin, what he means to say is we'll take it, we win we throw a party, we lose it's off," Marcus said elbowing Melvin in the stomach.

"Perfect, you four wash the dishes and I'll go set up," She smiled..

"We got this guys," Joseph said trying to pump everyone up.

"Yeah, how hard can it be to beat an old lady in poker?"

*After dinner*

"Royal Flush," Rosa said triumphantly placing her cards down in front of her.

"Goddamnit,"
"How the hell,"
"I don't even know how to play poker,"
"There are literally four of us here how did not one of us beat her,"
"Fuck my life,"
"How does this even happen,"
"Well that's it, we're screwed,"
"Goodbye party,"
"Goodbye hot girls,"
"You guys are gross,"
"Shut up Lydia,"

"Are you four done or is there more to this?" Rosa interrupted the Tonelli freak out.

"Damn it!"
"Yup got it out of our systems,"