Chapter 2: Police Discovery

After Roger ended his coversation with Tom, Eva approched her partner.

"Roger, what was the call about?," Eva asked.

"One of my daugther's friends died.," Roger sadly said.

Eva asked Roger what was the name of the victim, with the latter mentioning Marinette

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng died? But how?," Eva shockingly said.

"Suicide. Her father told me recently.," Roger explained.

"Then, we're going to the bakery for the investigation, I guess.," Eva said and she and Roger went to the bakery.

As the Police arrived, Tom was there outside, waiting for them to answer.

"Officers, thank goodness you two arrived.," Tom delightfully said.

"Where's Marinette, Mr. Dupain?," Eva asked. Tom pointed that it was upstairs.

As both cops went upstairs, they discovered what Tom said. They even saw Joe, Alya, Chloe and Sabine, who've stopped crying for a couple of minutes and went back after retruning to the room of the scene.

"Mr. Gibson? Ms. Cesare? Ms. Bourgeois? What are you guys doing here?," Eva asked the three.

"Well, Mrs. Cheng called us, and we didn't know what happened.," Chloe answered.

"Until this happened.," Joe added Chloe's words.

"Ok, you three need to get out of here while me and Roger can handle this in her room.," Eva said. "So sad that one of the kindest Parisians I've ever meet died.," she sadly added.

"Even more worse, dark clouds came in, I hope it didn't rain.," Alya said.

As the three left, Eva started to put yellow police tape into the door of Marinette's room as the sight of the crime scene, even thought it wasn't a crime. When Roger arrived, Eva have now found the answer.

"What is it, Eva?," Roger asked.

"I think I found something bad.," Eva said and on her gloved right hand, she holds a brown rope with some tints of black gel.

"I need to ask the others downstairs.," Roger asked.

"I'll find more clues why Marinette died on herself.," Eva seriously said. Roger nods yes and went back downstairs.

Downstairs, Roger asked the people that were there in the scene.

"Does anyone knows why there was black gel in the rope?," Roger asked.

"Rope? Why there was a rope?," Sabine asked.

"That might be the reason why Marinette died."

After hearing it from Roger, Sabine deeply cried and was about to collapse. Good thing Alya and Tom catched her in time.

"It really is sucide, Officer Raincomprix.," Joe comfirmed.

"It was, Mr. Gibson.," Roger said. "So, why was there black gel?," he asked the same question as earlier.

"Maybe because of this.," Chloe answered as she showed three peices of paper.

"Ok, Ms. Bourgeois. You can keep those three.," Roger said and returns upstairs to help Eva with the investigation.

On the other hand, Chloe checked one of the papers if it was for and looked at the second piece, and it was for Marinette's parents.

"I think this one's for you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 488 (Published: 05/07/23)

A/N: Letter is in the next chapter (of course, being a spoiler)