Chapter 8: Cold Tears

From outside the closed Dupain-Cheng Bakery, Joe and Chloe talked about the evidence that Eva and Roger received. Suddenly, they heard something approching the site, so the two approched.

"What's behind the car, sir?," Chloe asked.

"Oh, that one? That's the coffin for Marinette Dupain-Cheng.," the driver answered.

"Thanks for that.," Chloe thankfully said.

Chloe returned to apporched Joe, and Alya, Adrien and Nino then arrived.

"Guys, Marinette's coffin just arrived. The driver just told me.," Chloe said.

"This means it's official, and the family will now see the cold body of Marinette.," Joe said.

"Indeed. Paris might be raining, but not literally, after this.," Alya said.

"You'll bet.," Adrien answered.

The five went to the Dupain-Cheng Bakery, with the family, Eva and Roger already inside, and they were in shocked about what has been revealed before their eyes.

"Hey, Mr. Agreste, is this the coffin for Ms. Dupain-Cheng?," Roger asked Adrien.

"Yeah, it was. Chloe asked the driver of the car who've delivered this.," Adrien answered.

"Thanks for that."

Meanwhile, Sabine was now crying after she saw the coffin. Tom, on the other hand, got a bit of emotional, and his parents were shocked about what happened unfolding into thier eyes.

"What Joe said was true! I never expect that!," Gina shockingly said.

"But it is true.," Sabine sobbingly said.

"Calm down, Sabine, we will recover about it soon.," Gina answered. Then, she asked the rest of the people inside.

"I don't know, Mrs. Dupain.," Chloe answered. "Marinette is very kind to all of us in this city, and recovery from her death is harder than you think.," she added.

"Chloe's right. Recovery from this might took months, or years, from happening.," Joe added. "We might go different ways for recovery from this, if you asked me.," he added more.

"Why is that?," Rolland asked.

"My mother died when I was 9 and I believed that my family blamed me for that, even thought it wasn't true at all.," Joe answered. "Leaving my family for America, and eventually here, might be the answer. I can't leave them, but they always mistreats me when I'm happy and doing my own things, so I left and never come back.," he added.

"That's sad at all, and we can't leave Marinette like that, being not recovered from this tragedy.," Tom sadly said.

"But that's the only way, recovery.," Alya then answers. "Joe always said to keep moving forward with things in life, and you don't know what happens next, it's always unexpected.," she added.

Alya, alongside Adrien, Chloe and Nino, left the bakery with Joe approching Roger and Eva to keep guidance with the Dupain-Cheng family and being on the look out for people preparing for the placements then he followed the four. Little that the five, and their friends knew, their international friends have three separate flights to the Roissy Airport, and the landings are today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 490 (Published: 05/28/23)

A/N: No note.