Chapter 13: "I Wish It Never Happened"

While all of this is going on, the Agreste family arrived. Gabriel, Emilie and Adrien have never been seen this so sad in the city, especially the son, who was considered as Marinette's sweetheart.

"Adrien, what bring you here.," Nino asked. He too also arrived.

"Well, I told I won't come here in the first day, so here I am.," Adrien answered.

Meanwhile, the Agreste couple approched the Dupain-Cheng couple.

"We're so sorry about what happened to your daugther, Sabine.," Emilie said.

"Thank you.," Sabine answered. "Besides, your son helped Marinette across everything in her life, and I'm sure Adrien did the same to my daughter.," she sadly added.

"I wish it never happened at all.," Gabriel said. "After all, Marinette is important in your family, just like Adrien is to ours.," he added.

"I can agrre with you, Mr. Agreste.," Tom said.

Meanwhile, Adrien talked with his friends, and it's quite normal talk, and after it's getting noisier in the bakery, Joe went outside for some space. Adrien noticed it, and he followed suit.

"Joe, what's wrong?," Adrien asked.

"Nothing. Nothing.," Joe lied.

Adrien was confused, but he rised an eyebrow for clarification, so Joe told the truth.

"I don't really wanted to say this out loud, but what is the real reason why you did gave me the notebook last night?"

"Well, Marinette's gone and I wanted to tell you that like me, you're her friend who've always by her side. So, I gave that notebook not only for personal consideration, but you also wanted to leave a memory of her.," Adrien answered.

"But why is that relate to Mari?," Joe asked Adrien again.

"Like I said, you also want to leave a memory to her."

"Maybe you're right. It is for her memory, a good memory to say at least.," Joe said.

As both boys returned, everything wasn't messed-up, it was also a great thing inside the bakery.

Hours played and it's still a noisy bakery, since the mourning continued.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 335 (Published: 06/17/23)

A/N: No note