Epilouge: The Recovery of Paris Preview

Hours after the funeral, Joe and his friends came back to his house from the cementary. They do not look good, since eariler was the last time they saw Marinette, but it doesn't matter. They have to stop thinking about what happened, and start to think of recovery. Recovery from the tragedy. Recovery from Marinette Dupain-Cheng's death.

"I guess recovery begins today.," Mattia said.

Joe sadly sighed.

"Yeah, it was.," Joe sadly said. "It's really considerate to do so.," he added with a smile. A sad smile.

----------

"I guess it's from the Dupain-Cheng Bakery, as Alya mentioned.," Joe said in disbelief.

"Why is that?," both girls asked.

"Well, it could be from Marinette's suicide case, as the location got dropped from Mr. Raincomprix' point of view.," Joe answered.

"We should plan this, right?," Chloe asked.

"I think I have an idea."

----------

"Lila really wanted to break Marinette up.," Chloe said in frustration.

"I can really tell you that.," Joe answered.

"What do we do now?," Alya asked.

"We will still have the investigation on notice.," Eva said. "We wanted more evidences, as Joe said before, to prove that Lila is the reason why she died."

"We can help you guys out.," Chloe said.

Meanwhile, Marinette's parents, Tom and Sabine, also discovered the video clip that Joe played previously, and they also left with a bad memory. Sabine was still crying, knowing that Lila really was the one who drained the confidence of her own daughter, and died without her knowing. Tom, on the other hand, asked Roger and Eva for more clues.

"Do you two have more clues?"

"No more just yet. Fittingly, this USB could be another piece of evidence against Ms. Rossi for the death of your daughter.," Eva answered. "We're making sure that this case will move forward.," she added.

----------

"I think we should keep searching for more evidences.," Eva exclaimed.

"But Officer Blanchet, if there's more evidences, Lila shouldn't keep it here.," Chloe said. "Why are we keep searching at Marinette's room? It could still have abother gut wrenching memory.," she added.

"That's the point!," Eva answered. "We all wanted to keep searching here because we wanted to make sure that this is the safe place for Marinette to put evidences why Lila should be the killer, even thought it's a suicide case."

Both Joe and Alya agrees.

"So, we should keep searching.," exclaimed by the Filipino.

----------

"Thank you officiers.," Sabine said.

As both Roger and Eva leave, Tom approched Joe, who is again alongside Alya and Chloe.

"I just wanna say thanks for your help.," Tom said.

"For what?"

"For giving Marinette strenght in her hardest times, and also with the USB that she used for that final message.," Tom answered.

"It's ok, Mr. Dupain.," Joe said. "I am very much thankful that your daughter was my friend for the longest time I was here in this city. And don't worry about my USB, Marinette used it wisely for that action against Lila, or I should say Ms. Rossi.," he added.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 508 (Published: 07/09/23)

A/N: One more note coming up!!