Chapter 18: Eulogies for Marinette (Part 1)

As soon as the mass ended, the eulogies for the deceased Marinette have officially started, starting off with her parents.

"Marinette was a undenable gift that me and my wife had in store for us, and we were able to pay her back with love that is also undenable.," Tom started. "We were lucky that we had her by our side in our bad times, and vice versa, but on that particular day, she died without knowing that we're always here for her everyday.," he added.

As soon as Tom's speach goes, he cried.

"Marinette, sweetie, if you can hear us right now, we love you. We love you with all our heart. May your heart rest in peace and where it belongs.," Tom said, ending his eulogy.

Sabine was next, and she did not look good from the start. She was sad from the time she discovered the death of her own daughter, and here she is, having to say her eulogy as a message for her daughter one last time.

"Mari, my sweet daughter, I just wanted to let you know that I love you with all my heart.," Sabine sadly started. "I know that you're watching us from above the blue skies. I would know that you're very happy from up there with the angels, just like you would cheer every single friend that you have when you're alive.," she added.

Joe, Adrien, Alya, Fei and Jessica cried from the seats in the Norte-Dame Cathedral, alongside Marinette's friends. Even Chloe, who is at the side, is also crying.

"May you soul rest in peace, while us have to stay strong to recover.," Sabine sadly said.

After Marinette's parents gave their seperate eulogies, Chloe, who is next, approched them.

"I know how you two are sad after what happened. I know you understand the situation.," Chloe said.

"It's ok, Chloe. We know that. We just have to stay strong.," Tom said, and he and Sabine already leave the altar.

Chloe's eulogy to Marinete is in deep sadness and it was a sad letter.

"Dear Marinette.," Chloe started, but she can't started properly thanks to her crying. After a couple of seconds, she started back at her letter.

"How was it? We've been in the same page recently about having a great alliance against Lila, and our rivalry have something in me for all my life.," she started. "But when I realized that you've been kind to me in the last couple of months, and with Joe by your side as always, there it was, me transitioning from the worst person you've meet to becoming one of your bestest friends. You were happy once we made our friendship a thing, and I also am happy for that moment.," she added.

Tears started to form in Chloe's eyes. She knows in her heart Marinette should be at her side in this worst moment, but now that she's gone, the mayor's daughter is gone crying.

"One last thing, I just wanted to say that I love you very much and I hope I'll see you soon. May your kind and lovely soul rest in peace. Your friend, Chloe."

As Chloe left the altar, Alya apprcoched her.

"I know it's hard, Chloe. It's harder if you think about it more.," Alya said.

Chloe didn't had a reaction, instead she hugs Alya out of sadness.

As Chloe leaves the altar, Alya was next to say her eulogy, and like Chloe, Alya's eulogy is a sad letter.

"Dear Marinette, how was it? Smiling in front of us because I have a friendship to tell to everyone, but sadly said, you died.," Alya started. "Since then, I wasn't able to accept and recover from this tragedy, but also at the same time, I wasn't able to have a life without you by my side. I just wish I was able to tell everyone about our friendship but I have to accept the fact and face the truth everyday.," she added.

The final part of her eulogy was more heartbreaking than every Parisian in the Cathedral thinked.

"I hope you understand that you'll be the greatest hero and friend every single person in this city knows. May you start you new journey as a lovely hero in the skies above while all of us have our own hero story to continue. May your soul rest in peace, and once we'll meet again, I'll never be sad again. With love from your best friend, Alya."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 749 (Published: 07/02/23)

A/N: I won't ask you to cry because, I'll admit, it's not too much of a heartbreak. Anyways, the last parts are incoming. Stay tuned!