Chapter 15: Lila's Arrival

After Adrien sang, someone were shocked downstairs, and the four went down to check what happened.

"What happened?," Joe asked.

Suddenly, Eva approched the four.

"Thank goodness, Lila arrived, and it's not looking good.," Eva said.

"What do you mean?," Alya asked.

On the other hand, Chloe saw Lila and Mario arguing.

"It's not really looking good.," Chloe said. "I saw her and Mario arguing.," she added.

"Thanks for the info, Eva. Really needed.," Joe thankfully said.

The four have just approched the rest and they are not happy.

"Can you just stop spreading lies all around? You caused Marinette, and you now going to cause Mario to do the same?," Nicole shouted.

"Marinette deserved to be dead in front of your eyes right now, and so does Mario.," Lila answered back.

"Why? Because you wanted to be a star all the time because of your lies?," Lorenzo asked.

"I didn't lie about everything around here."

"Can you just stop!," Joe shouted.

Thanks to Joe, the Dupain-Cheng Bakery went into a complete silence. Not even a single penny was dropped in the building. Lila was shocked in fear to hear that her now second closest rival arrived in front of her face.

"Can you just stop being the 'Lier of Paris' in front of Marinette?," Joe said after calming himself down.

"Marinette? She's dead, right?," Lila said.

"Yes, and it's because of you.," Joe seriously said

"Why me? Remember, I was the one who said that she should be the villain here, and I might be right."

"And in turn, you made her mind suffer everything that you've done.," Joe said. "That's why you're wrong, Lila. You wanted to become the only star that is shining with your lies. Sadly, and in fact, there some people got the better of you. Mario did it before, Marinette did it before she died, and maybe I might get the better of you, Italiana.," he added.

"Oh you want Italian, uh?," Lila angrily said.

"Devi uscire e non tornare mai più in questo posto. In other words, get out and never come back.," Joe seriously said.

"Oh, you selfish little rat. You should get out, and not me.," Lila said, closely in front of Joe's face.

"Lila-"

"Chloe, I got this."

"I promise, when this is done, and the case is solved, tutte le prove punteranno contro di te e andrai in galera.," Joe angrily said.

"Oh, lo vedremoVedremo a riguardo.," Lila said as she leaves the bakery.

Everyone in the bakery is silent about what Joe said against Lila, and in Italian, something that Lila didn't know for a long time.

After it all went down, Joe sat in front of Marinette's coffin in a sad motion, and Sabine approched the Filipino.

"Joe, thank you.," Sabine said.

"For what?"

"For protecting my daughter. You really the best guy she've ever befriended with.," Sabine explained.

"Merci.," Joe thankfully said, and both him and Sabine hugged for thankfulness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 496 (Published: 06/24/23)

A/N: Joe also speak French, but it might be highly featured and recongnizd in the last 'Tales of Paris' book