Chapter 19: Eulogies for Marinette (Part 2)

As Alya leaves the altar, the Agreste family gave their own eulogies for the deceased Marinette, starting off with Gabriel.

"I don't know why I could say this out loud in front of you, but Marinette is a perfect girl that Adrien has, and sadly at the start, I didn't noticed it.," Gabriel said. "But luckily, I did, and I did know how it was for my son to fall in love to a girl that he likes, unlike what I've wanted to. That love that burns through his heart was the desire for me to love Emilie, and Ladybug was the reason she returned to live. She was the reason why. Adrien loved her so much that we've decided to do what he desires to do.," he added.

Paris was in shocked from the words coming out of Gabriel's mouth. They know he, as Hawk Moth, and Marinette, as Ladybug, were longtime rivals, but after his final defeat months ago, he knows what he wanted, without the dangers, came true.

"Emilie and I decided to have our eulogy instead of separate ones, because she was thankful enough to Marinette. I was thankful enough to her. We were thankful. She told me that she was so sad that she died liked a villian, but treated as a hero. Myself, on the other hand, my villain self died for her to become a hero.," Gabriel added.

Parisians realized how hard it was to lose Marinette, since she and Ladybug are the same person.

"Lastly, I wanted to say from the bottom of my heart, Paris loves you Marinette Dupain-Cheng. May you kind soul rest in peace."

The Cathedral was full of applause after Gabriel's eulogy, on behalf of him and his wife.

Adrien, the son, was next to have a eulogy, and he seems to be sad before going to the altar. Good thing his childhhod friend Chloe was there to support him.

"I don't know how to read this in front of her.," Adrien told Chloe.

"Don't worry, Adrien. We all have our sad times, and as Joe said, we have to stay strong.," Chloe answered.

Adrien decided to walk to the altar to make his eulogy. He was still sad, even after he heard Chloe's word, but he had to stay strong, as she said. He has to be strong for his love. He has to be strong for Marinette.

"I know it's hard to accept the death of Marinette Dupain-Cheng as much as I do but I admit, I do feel to hard to accept what happened.," Adrien started. "The fact that she was the partner that I need under the mask was something else along the way that I never thought at first, but it happened anyways.," he added, referring to the time that he had, as Chat Noir, to be there for Ladybug.

"It's hard to accept feelings of love when it's too late to say it, but declining it makes it more harder that it seems. That's my say about what happened, it was hard for me to accept the tragic death, but declining the fact that Marinette's is gone makes it more harder for me."

Meanwhile, Mario and Fei talked.

"Adrien really got the sad side of himself after what happened.," Mario said.

Fei agrees. "I never thought about that for so long, but it's hard for that to lissen to this tragedy.," she said.

Adrien is now on his final couple of words in his eulogy, and those final words was a message. A departing message

"Marinette, goodbye, and thanks for everything. I love you."

As Adrien leaves, Joe told him a message.

"Adrien, I know it's hard, but I'll be ok. We'll be ok.," Joe said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 626 (Published: 06/08/23)

A/N: No note