Chapter 16: Last Day of Mourning

After all have been though, days turned into a week, and by the day it had passed, it is the last day of mourning. By the morning, it was normal like other days prior, but in the night, the Kitty Section band will come to the bakery to have a mini-concert, as it was Marinette's final day as some people say.

Before preparations were set, Joe was approched by Chloe.

"Joe, about four days ago, I should say this to Lila if you didn't stop me.," Chloe said.

"Go on."

"You should never came here to this city in the first place. You've costed my friend and I'll never wanted to see you doing the same again.," Chloe answered.

"I shouldn't known.," Joe said.

"It's ok. Once it's settled, Lila is gone for good, and in jail.," Chloe said, and Joe agrees.

While this was going on, Alya was waiting outside. It was not for the band to come but she wanted space for just a moment because her realization hit her hard. The day that she's going see her best friend for the last time hits her hard in her heart, the same way Sabine would realize by the coming hours. Even thought that the rain isn't coming, as the city is still covered with dark clouds, the rain have finally came in her mind. Nino suddenly approched her as soon as she started to cry.

"Alya, what's wrong?"

Alya didn't want to answer, but instead, hugs Nino softly. Joe and Chloe also arrived at the scene as soon as they hear her crying.

"Alya, is there something wrong out there?," Chloe asked.

"This is going to be the last time we'll see Marinette in person.," Alya sobbingly said.

"There is still time tomorrow. We'll see her for the last time there.," Joe answered.

"That's not what I meant.," Alya said. "The thing is that we'll not seeing Mari ever again after tomorrow, and I can't help it."

Joe's smile turns into a sad note after hearing what happened with Alya's words.

"I know it's hard to say those parting words, Alya. Let's just keep that in mind.," Chloe answered. Nino agreed.

Fei and Jessica also arrived at the scene.

"Poor Alya, she was the one who always cared for Marinette and she has been with her every time she had troubles. Now, she's all alone in her fight the Marinette started.," Fei said.

"Don't worry, Fei. Joe and his friends will always confort her.," Jessica said, then she looked at Joe.

"You know, girls, people don't know what will be the first hello and the last goodbye if you're in a friendship.," Joe said.

"Really?," both girls asked.

"It was a serious note there, and we never knew where Marinette's last goodbye was until last week."

"That's hard on you, and all of us here, Joe. We all became Marinette's friends and we did see her first hello, but didn't see her last goodbye. That's a fact that some of us don't realize.," Jessica said.

Hours have past and it's nighttime, and most of the Parisians have left the Bakery. Some wanted to distance themself just for tomorrow to come, while others have left because they needed enough energy for tomorrow. On the other hand, Joe was waiting outside, wanted some lonely time. Suddenly, Rose and the band arrived.

"Joe? What's wrong?," Rose asked.

"It's nothing, Rose. Thank goodness you're all here.," Joe answered.

"Yeah, and seemingly enough, see Marinette for the last time before tomorrow. It really hits hard to see her go for the last time.," Juleka said.

"Say, you need to sing with us, just for tonight. I know it's hard for you to do something right for the last time for her.," Luka told Joe.

Joe looked back at the bakery and saw how sad Alya, Chloe and Adrien are. Same goes for Jessica, Fei and Mario. Even Tom and Sabine, Marinette's own parents, also felt the same.

"It's hard to say right about now.," Joe said. "but I'll go for it.," he added, and the members got a smile after that.

After it all went down, by 8PM, Joe started singing, with some having a sad note, while the others had a minor sad notes. The sounds of singing ended at exactly 12MN, and most of Parisians left the bakery just for some energy for the funeral.

The next day, hours later to be exact, most of the people left the bakery returned just for funeral, and some have officially went to not attend, but the doings to see Marinette for the last time. While all was that going on, Joe, Alya and Fei were on the side, and Sabine were beside Marinette's coffin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 792 (Published: 06/25/23)

A/N: I didn't mention the songs, but if you want, I have a Spotify playlist for that. Link in the comments