Chapter 9: Arrivals from New York, Shanghai & Rome

Minutes after he, Alya, Adrien, Chloe and Nino left the Dupain-Cheng Bakery, someone called Joe.

"Hello? Who is this?," Joe asked.

"Joe Gibson? I have something to say.," a mysterious person said.

"Ok, and how did you know my name?"

"It doesn't matter, just come to the Roissy Airport.," the person said and ends the call. The five were confused.

"Roissy Airport? How does it related to it?," Joe thought.

"Maybe something important?," Alya said.

"Let's just go there and see what will happen.," Adrien prompted the rest of the friends, and they seem to agree.

After couple of minutes, the five arrived at the airport, with the mysterious person approched them, and that was Jessica.

"Jessica, you came here!," Alya runs to the girl from New York and hugs her.

"Alya, long time no see.," Jessica said. "I heard the news and all of us came here after a long trip from New York.," she added after she broke away from the hug.

Aeon, Barbara and Olympia also joined in, and they seem a bit happy upon arriving, learning about what happened to Marinette.

"Say, who's that guy over there?," Barbara asked Alya, pointing Joe, who's between her and Chloe.

"I almost forgot. Joe, remember what we've told you about what happened in New York?," Alya said.

"Yeah, I remember.," Joe answered.

"I would like you to meet Jessica and her family. They were our friends in New York.," Alya stated.

"Nice to meet you.," Jessica said.

"You too. The name's Joe Gibson."

"Jessica Keynes."

"I'm Barbara, Jessica's mother, and beside me is Olympia Hill."

"New here?," Joe asked.

"Yeah. Actually, we never visited Paris at all.," Jessica answered.

"Ok, I can tour you all later around this streets.," Chloe said.

Just then, Fei also arrived in the Roissy Airport and called Joe and Adrien.

"Joe! Adrien!"

"Fei! How's the flight?" Adrien asked.

"I was ok, and it was great.," Fei answered.

The rest of the friends looked confused.

"Oh, I forgot. Guys, I would like to meet Fei Wu. She was one of Marinette's friends in Shanghai.," Adrien introduced Fei to Alya, Chloe and Nino, alongside the New Yorkers, and they all answer with a simple 'nice to meet you' to the Shanghai native.

On the other hand, Joe was waiting for Mario and his friends alone, until they also arrived.

"Are you Joe Gibson?," Mattia asked.

"Yeah?," Joe confusingly answered. Just then, Mario arrived as well.

"Joe Gibson?"

"Mario Bianchi?"

"It is. Nice to meet you, and you really look kind in person.," Mario said.

"I knew you've said that.," Joe answered.

After Mario and his friends arrived, Joe officially introduce them to the rest of the friends.

"Guys, this is Mario, my friend from Italy.," Joe said.

Alya suspiciously looked at the Turin native, making sure he's not having the same motives as Lila.

"Alya, you shouldn't look suspiciously at Mario like that. He's also a victim of Lila.," Chloe said.

"Oh, sorry about that.," Alya told Mario.

"It's ok, I knew Marinette is also a victim of that lier like me.," Mario said.

Alya approched Joe about what Mario said.

"Does he know about our friendship with Marinette?"

"Come on, Alya, they already knew about it.," Joe answered.

"I forgot, I would like you to meet my friends at my school, and they're also friendly, like me.," Mario said.

First was Lorenzo.

"Hi, I'm Lorenzo Marino, and I'm from Florence. You can call me Lorence."

"Mattia Blanco, from Naples."

"And I'm Nicole Ricci, all the way from Genoa."

All of the people greated the Italians nicely.

"You said you're a victim of Lila? What has she done to you?," Chloe asked Mario.

"Well, Marinette's case was more worse than me.," Mario answered.

"Shoot, I forgot, you almost got framed like Marinette.," Chloe said.

"Now that all is now settled, I can show you the city of Paris.," Alya prompted. "Who's with me?"

The friends, alongside the international visitors, have a long and tiring day touring the city, from the Efiel Tower to the Notre Dame Cathedral. When they went to the restorants to eat, they visited the famous ones, except the Dupain-Cheng Bakery.

After a long day, all of the friends went to Joe's house.

"That was tiring. I need to sleep.," Nicole said.

"The night is still young, but we're all exhausted by touring the city.," Jessica added.

"Let me ask, where does the mourning starts?," Fei asked Joe.

"Tomorrow, at the Dupain-Cheng Bakery.," Joe answered.

As Adrien, Alya, Chloe and Nino said thier goodbyes and returned to their homes for a sleep, Joe and the rest take their time to talk until the are too tired and the also sleept it out for the night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 795 (Published: 06/03/23)

A/N: No note.