Chapter 20: Rain of Sadness

Finally, Joe went to the altar and has now going to gave his eulogy to his deceased friend.

"If there's a great friend and Parisian who is sad or dismayed, Marinette is always there for me, from them, or anyone.," Joe sadly said. "Now that's she's gone, I don't know if there's a new hope for every single Parisian who have interacted with her every single day. Her death not only impacted me, her friends, but the city of Paris as a whole, and also our own friends from around the world.," he added.

Tears started to form in his eyes, and can't stop crying. Not even a single bit.

"If I told her right now after we first meet, I would say that my world was at his feet until you meet me at the right time.," he sadly said.

Tears is still forming in the eyes of the Filipino, at the same time those tears from the people in the Cathedral is also forming. Finally, Joe sent his last words to his eulogy.

"Mari, I loved you today, tomorrow, and every day. I've always loved you and I've always will to the day I die. For now, rest well, and enjoy the happiness from the skies above."

Minutes after Joe's eulogy, people left the Cathedral. They might felt what happened. Outside, noice still came to play, even thought it was silent all thoughtout the mass and the eulogies.

Once Marinette's coffin was out of the Notre-Dame Church, the walk officially continues, this time to the Cimetière du Père Lachaise (Père Lachaise Cementary), where she's headed to her final resting place.

As for the one final remarks, the glass surrounds the coffin opened, hoping for Marinette's family and friends to touch her one last time.

The Dupain-Cheng family were the first ones to get in close. They seems thought that they've been in tears for minutes since the walk between the Catherdal to the cementary began. Sabine teared the most, having to see her daughter for the last time was tough, but being the first one to see her die was tougher that expected. A simple 'I love you' was needed for a mother to say to her daughter for the last time, and Sabine did that.

Mario and the Italians were next. Even Aeon, Jessica and Fei where there, and the latter two were crying on how they were unexpected to hear this kind of news coming from the city of Paris.

Next ones where Marinette's friends and classmates. Even Luka and Kagami, where she wasn't classmates in, was with them. They were crying non-stop, and they couldn't help it.

Lastly, Joe, Adrien, Alya and Chloe were up close to see their friend one last time. Before that even happened, the former boy bestfriend felt rain drops were coming, so he had his umbrella with him and opened it. The rest of the people started to open their umbrellas. Anyways, the four were crying, and their crying was even worse than her family and her friends had.

"Marinette, I love you, and I'll miss you."

"Mari, bestie, I'll never forget you."

"Former rivals, not emenies. But I still love you, Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

"Mari, Merci beaucoup pour tout. Je ne t'oublierai jamais. Je vous aime."

The coffin is now closed. The people of the city will not see Marinette Dupain-Cheng again. Ever again. Her smile, her energy and her charisma is now gone.

It's being lowered. Seas of black umbrellas were all over the black-and-white mixed shirted Parisians. Rain has been pouring down harder. Tears have formed even more harder that the rain.

As soon as the coffin has been lowered and the sealing of the funeral were now complete, people started to leave. Even the Dupain-Cheng family were leaving as the rain is getting more harder. Mario, Lorenzo, Mattia, Nicole, Aeon, Jessica, and Fei were the only ones stayed with Joe and his friends, and all of them are joining him at his house once they leave, and they did, except Joe, because he has his final words to Marinette, aside from those he said in French.

"Marinette, you're the greatest person I've ever meet.," Joe said. "I hope we see each other again. For now, rest in peace. Je vous aime.," he added and leaves.

That's it. Marinette Dupain-Cheng is now in her final resting place. She's now at peace. Recovery is now in sight, at least for some people.

-----TO BE CONTINUED-----

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 752 (Published: 07/09/23)

A/N: The series is not over. The previee of the final story head up.