𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Five days has passed and you realized you had gotten closer to Atsumu. He was so fun to be with and you would look forward to meet him everyday. Yaku started to tease you but you just didn't care. Kuroo, on the other hand, acted a bit tense whenever you tried to talk to him. He even sometimes just ignored you. It made you think if you ever did anything wrong to him.

"Great job, guys!" you did a thumbs up for your team after winning against Karasuno. You handed their water bottles and when it comes to Kuroo, your smile got a little awkward. "Good job, captain."

"Thanks." he said, walking away after grabbing the bottle.

What the fuck did I do wrong?

You sighed, sitting on the bench. It felt weird to be distant with Kuroo especially when he was the closest to you. You still had no idea why. Then, something popped up in your mind.

Shit, does he think that I'm replacing him with Atsumu?

You looked at Kuroo but he was busy talking to Kai. Instantly, you got up and pulled Kuroo to the side to talk. He was confused at your sudden actions.

"What is it?" he asked, scanning your face. He couldn't guess what you were trying to say.

"Why are you being tense whenever I'm trying to talk to you?" you straightforwardly questioned him. "I'm not replacing you with Atsumu, you know."

"Huh?" Kuroo lifted an eyebrow. "Y/n, I don't mind you being friends with anyone but not with him." he finally said but you couldn't understand what he was saying. "Atsumu is giving off a weird vibe."

"What do you mean by that? He's nice though." you wanted to hear his thoughts about Atsumu.

Kuroo sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "Look, I'm sorry if I'm being tense around you. I thought you really like this Atsumu guy so I didn't want to interfere. But, the more I see him with you, the more I think that he has something in mind."

"Wha-"

"Sorry again." Kuroo said, flashing a weak smile before walking away.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

It was dinner time and you were lying down on the futon while hugging a pillow. Kuroo's words were lingering in your mind and it made you curious. Yes, it was weird that Atsumu only talked to you and not the other managers. Does he have a reason for it? But, that doesn't mean Kuroo can act like a bitch to you.

You didn't feel like eating so you just stayed in that position until Kiyoko entered the room. "Aren't you eating dinner, Y/n?" she asked elegantly while looking at you. "Are you sick?"

"No, I'm not. I just.. don't have the mood, that's all." you gave a reason, still not looking at her.

Kiyoko sat next to you and patted your shoulder. "If there's anything bothering you, you can tell me. It's weird to see you like this. Being gloomy doesn't fit you." she smiled, and you began to sit up and looked at her.

"Thanks, Kiyoko. But, right now, I just need some time alone." you gave her a smile and she understood.

"I'll pack some food for you, okay? Sounds nice to you?" she asked as she was about to leave the room.

"Yeah, sounds nice. Thank you."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"I'm not seeing Y/n anywhere." Yaku commented as his eyes roamed around the cafeteria. He saw Atsumu with his teammates but you were absent.

"She never misses dinner." Lev added, shoving some broccoli into his mouth.

Kuroo was silent, focusing on the food. He thought that maybe his words offended you, maybe. But, he was only being honest. The moment he had his eyes on Atsumu, he knew something was off. He may looked friendly and all, but Kuroo just couldn't seem to think positively about him. A moment later, Kuroo stood up from his seat and placed his tray into the sink. He then walked out towards the cafeteria but was stopped by Inarizaki's captain, Kita.

"You're Kuroo, right? Nekoma's captain." Kita said, and Kuroo just nodded. "Hey, I know it's a bit weird to say this but please look out after Y/n."

Kuroo grew curious with that statement. "May I know why?"

"He's still not moving on from his ex. I'm just worried if he's using Y/n." Kita explained, followed along with a laugh. "I've been lecturing him lately but I don't know if he really takes my words seriously."

"Oh."

"I don't have any problems with them being friends but Atsumu told me that he likes Y/n so.."

"You see, I'm worried too. I see Y/n as my little sister and I don't want her to be around with guys like that." Kuroo said and Kita understood. "Thanks for telling me. I'll definitely keep my eyes on her."

"I'll keep my eyes on Atsumu as well."

Kuroo placed his hands inside of the pockets of his jacket to keep him warm as he strolled around alone. He then noticed you from afar where you were trying to choose a drink from the vending machine. He took a deep breath and approached you. "Hi, Y/n."

You looked at him with a blank expression. "Hey." you took the drink and turned around to leave but Kuroo grabbed your hand.

"Oi, chibi-chan. Why are you leaving so soon?" Kuroo asked, letting you go. "Why weren't you at the cafeteria?"

C-Chibi-chan?

"Not hungry." you shrugged your shoulders, still not believing what Kuroo just called you. "I'm going to sleep now-"

"Hey, Y/n. Are you okay?" Kuroo asked, flashing a concerned look.

"Me? Of course, not. You've been acting so fucking strange around me ever since I talked to Atsumu. I was just being friends with him, nothing more than that. You should've talked to me earlier if you think that Atsumu has something up his sleeves or whatsoever. Don't just straight up ignoring me or being tense or whatever." you snapped at him which made him surprised. "The more you acting like a bitch, the more I'm going to hang out with Atsumu. I don't fucking care anymore."

Kuroo was taken aback. He felt guilty for ignoring you at times, and also for being awkward around you. You were right. He should've just told you if he was having doubts with Atsumu.

"Sorry, Y/n. I'm really sorry." Kuroo attempted to hold you but you avoided him.

"You're my bestest friend ever and just because of this one guy, you're trying to become distant from me. What for?" you said to him, sighing.

Kuroo didn't think twice but to pull you into a hug. He caressed your hair while his other hand soothed your back. He indeed loved you as a sister and as a brother, he would do anything to protect you. He didn't want you to end up with the wrong person.

"Let me go, asshole." you hissed but Kuroo still trapped you in his arms.

"Not yet. Do you forgive me?" he asked.

"I don't kno-"

He instantly tightened the hug which made you suffocate. "Again, do you forgive me?" he flashed a cheeky grin.

"Whatever! Fine!"

He released you and chuckled at the sight of you coughing. He ruffled your hair and pinched your cheeks. You just glared at him but allowed him to walk next to you as he accompanied you towards your room. One problem has lifted up from your shoulders, and you were so relieved.

"Ah, isn't that Y/n and Nekoma's captain?" Suna asked as he pointed towards a couple walking along the hallway in front of them. He then glanced at Atsumu who seemed to look uneasy. "They're close."

Atsumu stayed quiet as jealousy started to take over.