𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Ms L/n, please focus." Mr Zen called you out in the middle of his lesson when he noticed you were spacing out. Instead of looking straight to the blackboard, you were looking outside of the window. So, it was pretty obvious that you didn't listen to what he was teaching.

A few of your classmates silently chuckled at you but you were too lazy to care. You lazily looked straight but your mind was elsewhere. Kuroo took a few glances at you to see if you were okay but your expression was hard to read.

Do I really have a crush on Kuroo? It can't be. Then why the fuck did I stalked all of his social media last night just to make sure if he doesn't have a girlfriend? What the fuck is wrong with me?

"Please submit your homeworks tomorrow. No excuses, alright?" Mr Zen said to the whole class and his eyes landed on you who seemed to be spacing out again. "Ms L/n, see me at my office." he said which made you look at him instantly. "Class dismissed." and with that, he left the class.

"Fuck." you cursed, closing your eyes and sighed. What does he want now?

"Y/n, are you okay?" Kai came to your desk.

You looked up at him with a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just.. don't feel like being in his class." you reasoned even though it was not completely true. Half of it being distracted by no other than Kuroo Tetsurou.

You then locked eyes with Kuroo, and when he was about to stand up and go to your desk, he was stopped by a few girls ㅡ Raina, Suzuki and Kayla.

That bitch, Suzuki. The only girl in class that you had issues with since second year.

"Kuroo, can you teach me chemistry?" Raina said sweetly while tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"Me too. I really can't focus in class. Maybe if you teach me, I can focus. Please?" Kayla joined in.

Suzuki took it to another level when she grabbed Kuroo's arm too casually. "Pretty please? You're the best in chemistry!"

"Well, you guys are complimenting me too much." Kuroo chuckled but he seemed to let Suzuki hold him. It angered you for some reason.

No- why would I get mad?

You sighed and walked out of the class. You then finally made it to his office and saw him sitting on the chair.

"Ms L/n, have a seat."

You took a seat in front of him.

"Tell me, are you okay? You seemed distracted." he asked, focusing on your face.

"Personal problems, I guess. I'm just fine." you briefly replied and hoped he wouldn't ask more.

"Exams are around the corner and I don't want my students to slack off. I'm just concerned about you." he said after taking off his glasses.

"I'm gonna do just fine. Just because I didn't focus today's class, doesn't mean I'm gonna fail in exams." you boldly said which brought a smile to Mr Zen's lips.

He was amused by your answer. He has always been.

"Very well then. I trust you, L/n Y/n." he smiled, wearing his glasses again and smiled even wider. "You're such an interesting girl."

"What do you mean?" you frowned after hearing what he just said.

"You're bold to talk to me like that. If it were others, they would talk to me politely or just stayed quiet." he stood up from his seat and walked towards you. "That's why you're interesting to me."

"You're creeping me out, that's why." you fired back and this time, Mr Zen was a bit taken aback. You were being too honest just now. "I'm leaving."

He just watched you leaving his office without a word. He smirked to himself before going back to his seat. "Feisty." he mumbled.

You walked along the hallway to your class, stumbling upon Suzuki out of all people in your school. She wasn't with her friends. You began to walk past her but she called your name.

"L/n Y/n."

You turned around.

"Sorry if I'm being too close to Kuroo. Hope you're not hurt or something."

"What?" you furrowed your eyebrows at her sarcasm. If she tried to provoke you again, you won't hesitate to pull her hair out of her damn scalp.

"I mean, both of you are close to each other but you're going to get replaced by me soon enough." she smiled, but the question is, where did she get all this confidence from?

Wish I could have that confidence though.

"So, Kuroo finally accepted you? Or is it just in your head?" you replied back with a straight face. "Kuroo rejected you already, wasn't it? But, damn, you're so persistent."

"He's going to go crazy for me. I just know it." she said before walking away from you.

You continued making your way to class, and noticed Kuroo talking to Yaku outside of the class. They were laughing and slapping each other's arms. Your gaze softened at that sight.

"Y/n!" Yaku pointed at you and Kuroo was quick to turn around.

"Hey." you lifted both of your eyebrows.

"Why did he called you? Did he do anything?" Kuroo flashed a concerned look, and that was when your heart raced for no fucking reasonㅡ really?

"N-Nothing much. He was just lecturing me about not focusing in class." you said with a smile and Kuroo immediately placed his arm around your shoulders.

"I swear if he ever does anything to you, I'll choke him to death." Kuroo said.

"Mr Zen is a pervert, isn't it?" Yaku lowered his voice so others won't hear.

"If everyone knows he's a pervert, then why didn't anyone do anything?" you asked, looking at them both with a frown. Seems like Yaku knew what was going on too.

Yaku pulled your hand and Kuroo to a corner, "I heard somewhere that Mr Zen is the principal's son. Someone heard him calling the principal dad a few times."

"And didn't you hear rumours about him sleeping with a few girls in school? But, he strongly defended himself and of course, the principal trusted him. I heard one of those girls was Suzuk-"

"Kuroo!"

The three of you turned to where the voice was, and it was that fucking bitch again. You rolled your eyes when she began to get closer.

"Sorry for interrupting but can I steal Kuroo for a moment?" she said in a cute voice while grabbing Kuroo's arm. "Need to discuss with him some things."

"But-" before you could finish your words, Suzuki already pulled Kuroo to god knows where and you felt frustrated for not doing anything to stop her.

"Suzuki really likes Kuroo, huh?" Yaku said, then let out a long sigh. "Y/n, why can't I get any girls?"

You flashed a judging look at him, "Simple. You're just too short."