𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"K-Kuroo?"

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" Kuroo was surprised to see you as well.

"You're here with Maria?" you asked casually as if nothing was bothering you when you were actually screaming inside.

"Yeah, she forced me to tag along. She's meeting a few of her friends and I'm thinking to go home once her friends arrive-"

"No! You should stay and let my friends know you." Maria cut him off and giggled. "You're here with your friends too, L/n?"

"Well, yeah. Just spending time with them before they leave Tokyo." you replied and you eyed Kuroo once again. "Have fun, you two."

"Y/n-chan, hurry up!" you heard Oikawa calling for you which made both Kuroo and Maria looking at him.

"Isn't that Aoba Johsai team?" Kuroo asked and you nodded. "Have fun too, then."

"Thanks."

You walked away from them and returned back to where Oikawa and others were. You didn't realize the change in your expression until Iwaizumi had to point it out.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Me? I'm fine."

"You're not fine." he continued.

"I'm seriously fine, Iwa. Let's continue the game."

Iwaizumi just stayed quiet, even though he was curious what just happened between you and the two (Kuroo and Maria) as he saw the three of you talking.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Timeskip ~ End of the second game.

"So fun to play with you, Y/n!" Matsukawa said.

"I had such a great time!" you smiled at them.

"See you when we meet again." Hanamaki smiled at you back.

"Have you called your mom to pick you up?" Iwaizumi stood next to you.

"Yes, I did. She said she's on her way here." you replied, looking at him weirdly. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing. I'm just worried." he patted your shoulder.

"Y/n-chan~ Wanna grab something to eat first before your mom arrives?" Oikawa appeared out of nowhere.

"I'm not hungry." you said to him with a straight face.

"Aw, come on! Let me treat you to something or you're going to miss me." Oikawa insisted which made you roll your eyes.

There was like a place at the corner where they sell like snacks and drinks so the two of you went there to take a look. Iwaizumi didn't want anything so he stayed with others. You scanned the snacks there and decided to grab some chicken tenders.

"Look who's hungry now, huh?" Oikawa teased before paying the food. He got himself a corndog.

"Because you wanted to pay so I have to take my chance." you reasoned, taking a piece of chicken tenders to put into your mouth. "Damn, this is good."

"Hold on, is that the captain of your volleyball team?" Oikawa half-whispered to you as he pointed to Kuroo who was sitting while watching Maria played bowling. "Is that his girlfriend?"

"I don't know. Probably." you shrugged your shoulders, looking somewhere else. Kuroo didn't seem to enjoy but the fact that he agreed to accompany her was pissing you off already.

"Okay, anyways!" he decided to change the topic, "How is it with that crush of yours? Is there any progress between the two of you?"

"Nope. I feel like giving up alrea-"

"Listen up, girl." Oikawa immediately cut you off before you could finish your sentence, "No friend of mine is giving up! You didn't even try and now you're giving up?"

"I.. I don't know what to do. I don't even know how to start."

"You know what? We should continue our lesson after this. Text me when you're already home, then we'll continue." he somehow looked mad for no reason. "If you really like this guy, go for it. Don't be a coward."

"Yeah, yeah. Okay." you sighed.

In just around 15 minutes, your mom was already at the front of the bowling centre. You bid goodbye to them but Oikawa and Iwaizumi followed you from behind to meet your mom.

"Mrs. L/n, how are you?" Oikawa started to speak after your mom rolled down the window to see the two boys.

"I'm good. Thanks you two for spending time with Y/n! I really miss the three of you hanging out together." your mom said with a smile.

"No big deal. Drive safely, Mrs. L/n and I had a fun time with you today, Y/n. Bye!" Iwaizumi said before waving to you.

"Get back safely, guys!" you waved at them back before your mom drove off.

"Did you have fun?" your mom asked you.

"Of course, I did. But, I didn't expect to meet Kuroo.."

"Kuroo?" your mom raised an eyebrow, "He was with his friends?"

"No, with a girl. The new girl in my class. They're actually friends since they were kids something like that."

"I've never seen Kuroo hanging out with girls other than you." your mom said and laughed afterwards. "Maybe he likes the girl."

You stayed quiet, not wanting to show to her that you were mad at that statement. There's no way Kuroo liked her even if they were childhood friends.

"How about you? When will you have a boyfriend? You're hanging out with guys but couldn't get someone to be your boyfriend. That's just so sad." your mom suddenly roasted you out of nowhere.

"Mom, please." you looked at her in annoyance. "I didn't asked to get roasted, okay?"

"Of course, you didn't."

You arrived home later and went straight to lie down on the bed. Your heartbeat was quicker than usual, and you abruptly sat straight. "Is this what it feels like to be jealous?" you mumbled to yourself. You grabbed your phone and quickly searched for Oikawa's number.

(Good timing, Y/n-chan.)

"Yeah, I know."

(Okay, so where should we start?)

"What should I do? I don't want to be obvious, you know."

(It's not like I'm telling you to fucking grind on him. Chill, girl. Okay, firstly, just try to spend more time with him. You need to know more about him.)

"Oh.. So, I should ask him questions?"

(Don't ask too much. Be natural and casual.)

"O..kay. This is the first step then?"

(Yeah, don't look desperate or obvious, as you said earlier.)

"Gosh, I can't believe I'm asking advice from a manwhore."

(Shut up, Y/n. Just follow the plan!)