𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Get it off me!" you screeched in terror when a huge beetle resting on your head and what's annoying was, Yaku was just laughing at you without offering any help.

"It looks good on you, Y/n." Yaku laughed uncontrollably.

Kuroo, who just came to the scene was confused as he noticed you were letting out tears. "Hold on, what's happeni-"

"Kuroo, help me! Take this damn beetle off of my head!" you half shouted, and Kuroo was quick to approach you and took the beetle off calmly. He casually placed it on the grass.

"Done." he smiled, pulling you closer to him as he wiped your tears with his sleeves. "I swear you're like a kid sometimes. The beetle was harmless."

"Aw, you ruined the fun." Yaku whined at Kuroo.

"Fuck you!" you attempted to slap him but was blocked by Kuroo. He grabbed both of your hands. "Don't stop me, rooster head! This shortie deserves a hard slap!"

"Let me slap him for you." Kuroo then slapped Yaku's back, making the shortie winced in pain. "There."

"Kuroo! The fuck?" Yaku tried rubbing the pain on his back. "That hurts!"

While the three of you were in your own little world, Atsumu was staring from afar with Suna on his side but Suna was focused on his phone.

"Why do I feel like Y/n won't like me back?" Atsumu voiced out and Suna turned to look at him with a straight face. "Just look at the way she looks at that rooster head."

"Why do you like Y/n at the first place?" Suna asked.

"I don't know. There's just something about her that reminds me of someone." Atsumu sighed, standing up from the grass and heading inside the gym hall. "Fuck, why do I even like her?" he muttered to himself, trying to shake off the image of you in his head.

"Yo, what do you mean by someone?" Suna followed him from behind, curious about the words he just said. "Don't tell me it's Haruki?"

"I guess."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Man, the soup was nice." Bokuto said after finishing his dinner happily. He then looked over at your tray, noticing you weren't finishing your soup. "Y/n, you don't want that?" he pointed to the bowl of soup with his eyes. After receiving a green light from you, he instantly took the bowl and gulped it down in one shot. "Yum."

"Bokuto-san's right. It's pretty good." Akaashi added after sipping his drink.

"I'm already stuffed." you rubbed your belly and sighed. "I wonder how much I weight.. Wait, where's Kuroo? I fucking forgot about him." you looked around but there was no sight of him.

"He went to see coach, I think." Kenma answered on Kuroo's behalf and you just nodded. "I heard Yaku got slapped today." he said out of nowhere which made everyone turned their heads to him. "Kuroo imitated the way you reacted after he slapped you."

"Fuck that rooster boy." Yaku mumbled to himself as he felt his cheeks were getting hot. "But you should see Y/n's reaction when a beetle was on her hair." he bit his lower lip to hold himself from laughing. He now shifted their attention to you. "She cried."

"You cried?" Bokuto lifted an eyebrow at you. "Okay, now I know what you're scared of. Thanks for the info, Yakkun." he winked at Yaku and Yaku did the same thing back to him.

"I swear if yall do anything to me, I'll fucking report yall to the principal." you crossed your arms and pouted.

"But, I'm not even from this scho-"

"Shut up!" you slapped Bokuto's arm but damn, his arms were nicely built as heck so it ended up hurting your hand instead of him. Even Kuroo was not this thick, damn. "What the fuck did you eat to become this thick?" you attempted to squeeze his biceps. Seriously, who doesn't love it when handsome guys are well built? Bokuto is ridiculously attractive though.

Great, now you started to imagine yourself being choked with those damn muscles.

"I worked hard for those." he said proudly, letting you admire his arms until a pair of hands decided to pull you away from squeezing Bokuto's arm.

"Chibi-chan, don't." Kuroo wiggled his finger at you as he casually sat in between you and Bokuto. "You're starting to imagine yourself being choked with those arms, isn't it?"

"Wha-"

"Seriously, Y/n? No wonder you love my muscles!" Bokuto acted surprised, then laughed out loud along with Kuroo. What he said was not wrong though.

"The fuck, Kuroo?" you frowned at his statement, acting as if it wasn't true to hide your embarrassment. You rolled your eyes, standing up to place your tray into the sink. Just when you were washing your hands, Atsumu came to do the same thing and that was when you decided to greet him. "Hey."

"Oh, hey!" he smiled at you after placing his tray into the sink. "The food was nice today, isn't it? I actually enjoyed it for the first time." he said playfully. "Y/n, do you want to.. uh, go for a walk with me?"

"Sure, why not?" you nodded at him as you waited for him to wash his hands. Then, you walked out of the cafeteria with Atsumu at your side. It was awkward at first but you decided to break the silence. "Tomorrow's the last day of training camp. Are you enjoying here so far?"

"Yes, I do. I got to meet great players and.. you." he chuckled but his eyes were on the ground, not looking at you one bit. You noticed he wasn't making any eye contact but shrugged it off. As both of you stopped at a garden, he called your name which made you stopped. "Y/n, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What do you think about me?"

You felt a lump in your throat after hearing his question. Atsumu was obviously handsome and kind but you couldn't imagine yourself being in a romantic relationship with him. "You're.. kind and fun to be with, honestly." you flashed a weak smile. "Why?"

"Oh, nothing. You know, I really like you.. a lot. Sorry if I'm being too honest but I feel like telling you." he said which made you speechless. "But, the more I think about my feelings for you, I kinda feel like.. you won't return those feelings back."

"Atsumu, I-"

"It's fine, really!" he cut you off before you could finish your sentence. "The first time I saw you, I was reminded of someone I used to.. be with, you know. To be truthful to you, I haven't moved on from my ex so it's kinda messed up if I like you just because you're similar to her. I.. don't want to do that to you. It's like I'm using you.." he trailed off before continuing his words. "I'm sorry, Y/n. I've been.. thinking about this since last night and I think Kita is right."

You were silent, but you were relieved to hear his explanation. You loved how he was being honest and conscious about his true feelings.

"And I hope we can still be friends?" he looked at you, hoping you would give a positive reply.

"Atsumu, I love being friends with you. I'm glad to be your friend though." you gave him a reassuring smile as you patted his back to show him that you were fine with everything. "Thanks for being honest, Tsumu." you grinned and reached your hand out to him for a handshake. "Friends?"

His eyes sparkled, "Friends!"

"So.. let's exchange numbers then."