𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

You got home, and literally screamed your lungs out as you finally entered your room. You just couldn't stand watching how close Kuroo was with Maria. Now that Suzuki was definitely out of sight, another one came into the picture. What a stressful day to be alive.

The world was against you, probably.

"Shittykawa, Shittykawa.." you mumbled to yourself while scrolling through your contacts to find his name and when you did, you called him without hesitation.

(Hi, Y/n-chan~)

"Oikawa Tooru, I need your help."

(Whoa, what's wrong?)

"So, the girl who was going to confess to my crush.. Well, let's just say it didn't go well for her."

(That's great to hear!)

"But, there's another problem."

(WHAT IS IT?)

"There's a new kid in my class and she's a friend of my crush. What the fuck should I do? They're so fucking close."

(You're doomed, Y/n-chan. I'm serious.)

"Fuck, don't say that. What should I do?!"

(Y/n-chan, let's meet right now but I'm not going to bring Iwa-chan along.)

"Okay, let's meet right now!"

Oikawa had mentioned about a café he wanted to go so both of you planned to meet there.

"So, what's your plan?" Oikawa asked you after shoving a spoonful of ice-cream into his mouth.

"My plan? I don't have one. I'm asking one from you." you replied with a frustrated look.

"Hey, don't give me that look. I'll help, don't you worry." he winked and you just rolled your eyes in respond. "But, we're not sure yet if this girl is really having a crush on your crush or vice versa so my advice for you is.. to calm down first."

"I can't but I'll try." you sighed in defeat.

"Good. Hey, we're going to play bowling tonight. Wanna join?" he asked.

"Can I?"

"That's why I'm inviting you, dumbass. Maybe it'll help you distract yourself from this problem of yours."

"Cool. Share me the venue later."

"Sure thing, Y/n-chan~"

After hanging out with Oikawa for almost two hours, you headed back home and told your mom about going out with Oikawa and his teammates. As soon as he heard his name and Iwa's, she instantly let you without any questions. By 7PM, you got ready and your mom offered to drive you to the bowling center.

"Text me when you're done!" your mom said while waving at you. "Tell Oikawa and Iwa that I missed them and they should come over sometimes!"

"Sure." you smiled, waving back to her until the car disappeared from your sight. You were about walk into the bowling center and immediately spotted Iwaizumi at the entrance, probably waiting for you. "Iwa!"

His eyes lit up as he saw you, "Y/n, you're finally here. Come on, they're waiting for you." he then eyed you from head to toe, "You look good."

"Really? Thanks. You too though." you smiled before grabbing onto Iwa's arm as both of you walked inside.

"Y/n-chan~!"

There, you saw Oikawa and a few others.

"Oh, is she the one you kept talking about?" one of the guys said and Oikawa nodded. He then waved to you, "Hi, I'm Matsukawa."

"Hanamaki." another one did a peace sign at you.

"Yahaba here."

"Kindaichi."

"Kunimi."

"Hi, Matsukawa, Hanamaki, Yahaba, Kindaichi and Kunimi." you said, literally memorizing their names pretty quick. "I'm L/n Y/n. Just call me Y/n."

"Whoa, you remember our names already?" Hanamaki said.

"Kinda." you smiled.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Oikawa smirked, "I'm starting first since I'm the captain!" he announced which no one cared, by the way. He chose a pink-coloured bowling ball and decided to throw it towards the pins. "Just watch me."

The way he was throwing the ball showed that he could get a strikㅡ nevermind.

"What the hell?!" Oikawa shrieked after the pins still remained 10.

"Nice one." Kindaichi showed a thumbs up.

"Didn't know you're this good." Iwaizumi added, purposely pissing off Oikawa.

It was funny how his teammates were roasting him.

"Your turn, Iwa-chan."

Iwaizumi didn't say anything as he casually threw the ball and surprisingly got a strike.

"Wow!" you clapped your hands and high-fived Iwa.

"Y/n, your turn." Hanamaki looked at you, "You kinda seem like you know how to play."

"Even better than your captain, I think." you chuckled and Oikawa shot a death stare at you. "Okay, watch me." you smirked, taking the same bowling ball as Oikawa and threw it effortlessly.. and got a damn strike.

"Nice!" Yahaba said.

"Y/n should be our captain." Matsukawa laughed as he raised his hand up to you for a high-five. "Good one, Y/n."

You high-fived Matsukawa. "Thanks!"

"This cannot be happening!" Oikawa was mad.

After almost an hour, the first frame ended and the results were;

Iwaizumi - 256pts
Matsukawa - 240pts
Y/n - 215pts
Kindaichi - 214pts
Hanamaki - 205pts
Kunimi - 198pts
Yahaba - 188pts
Oikawa - 163pts

"Look at our points." you nudged Kindaichi's arm.

"I know right? You're actually pretty good." he complimented you.

"Y/n-chan, you never told me you were good at bowling! I should've not invited you over." Oikawa sighed while pouting.

"Too bad, Shittykawa." you patted his back before running towards Iwaizumi who was sitting. "Iwa, wanna go get some drinks before we start the second frame?"

"That sounds nice. Come on."

Both of you headed over to the vending machine at the corner. There were a lot of choices so you took time on picking a drink for yourself.

"Is it that hard?" Iwaizumi asked, "You're so cute when you're focused on something."

His comment made you blush, "Uh, really?"

"Yep." he nodded and somehow noticed how red your cheeks were. "Did I just made you blush?" he reached out his hand to pinch your cheek.

"S-Stop." you pushed his hand away and he just chuckled. "Don't tease me like that."

After finally buying drinks for everyone, Iwaizumi and you went over to others and passed all the drinks to them.

"Uh, give me 5 minutes. I really need to take a shit. Don't start the game just yet." you whispered to Iwaizumi and he nodded while giggling.

You ran towards the washroom and let it all out. You exited the cubicle, washed your hands with hand soap and dried your hands with tissue and headed out. Before you could react, you accidentally bumped into someone which almost caused you to lose balance but managed to avoid falling.

"Sorry! I wasn't looking!" the person apologized and when she finally met your eyes, you widened your eyes at her.

"Hold on a second-"

It hit you when you realized it was actually Maria. And when you looked over to the person next to her, it hit you even harder than ever.

"K-Kuroo?"