𝟬𝟭 𝖿𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗌𝗒

❝Oh, when you walk by every night

Talking sweet and looking fine

I get kinda hectic inside

baby, I'm so into you

Darling, if you only knew

all the things that flow through my mind.❞

Fantasy - Mariah Carey

Her eyelids snapped open as the car jolted into position in front of the large, stylish building

Her eyelids snapped open as the car jolted into position in front of the large, stylish building. Her pencil and the tattered and damaged notepad dropped from her lap and ended up at her feet. She could hear the city's lively bustle and the hurried footsteps of people hurrying to work even before she opened the car door. She could smell the fresh, crisp air as she got out of the car, mixed with the grease from the burger she had eaten on the journey. Her boyfriend Liam met her at the car's hood as she approached it. He unlocked the trunk and began taking boxes out and carrying them inside the apartment building.

"Just pick up whatever you can and I'll do the rest" He called from the entrance.

She looked around before she picked anything up. This was far nicer than Vegas. A box labelled "microwave" could be seen when she peered inside the trunk. That can't possibly be that heavy. The box slid from her grasp as soon as she picked it up. But before it could reach the ground, it was picked up and clasped to a broad chest by a pair of hands. Her gaze followed the box and found a smiling face staring at her. He moved the box to his hip and extended a hand in her direction.

"Hi, I'm Steve. Steve Rogers. I'm assuming by all the boxes you're moving into the apartment down the hall from me"

She grasped his strong hand and shook it lightly as she smiled big at the blonde man.

"Yeah, me and my boyfriend are moving here together. I'm Olivia."

He grabbed the box with the other hand again and motioned to the entrance of the building. "I can help you carry this box up to your door, I'm going up anyway" He pointed to the trunk of the car with his head. "You can grab something else, maybe the box of pillows"

"Are you making fun of me, Rogers?" She teased. His eyes went wide and became a stuttering mess.

"God no, I meant... uh I wouldn't want you to get hurt holding something too big...not that your weak"

Olivia giggled which only confused him more. "I was joking, I knew what you meant"

A spark of relief flashed in his eyes as he sighed. He shrugged off the embarrassment and pointed once more at the complex's entrance. She entered the building after him, carrying a lighter package than the one before. She couldn't help but halt as soon as she walked into the lobby to take in the colorful decor and walls. As Olivia approached the elevator, her mouth dropped open in awe of the enormous area. Steve laughed at her demeanour.