𝟬𝟰 𝗄𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗆𝖾 𝗌𝗈𝖿𝗍𝗅𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗌𝗈𝗇𝗀

And there he was

This young boy, stranger to my eyes

Strumming my pain with his fingers

Killing Me Softly With His Song - Fugees, Ms. Lauryn Hill

TW: Manipulative, controlling and abusive relationship!

(If you see * then that is the section with the trigger warning)

Olivia's POV

*Steve opens his apartment door and steps aside, letting me walk inside. It looks similar to the last time I saw it, except it's messy.

"Sorry for the mess, this week has been quite hectic." Steve apologizes.

"Don't worry about it." I sniff.

"Please sit, Tiny."

I take my seat on their coach and look around the apartment, noticing small details that I couldn't appreciate the last time being here. The large wooden TV stand holds small canvases with scenery paintings on them and stacks of books. Each book tells me different parts of the boys that I can't wait to learn. Sitting at the back of the stand, was a photo frame. Inside the frame, was a picture of a white kitten curled up in a ball on a bed. The photo made me smile, for the first time today. I wonder whose it is? Steve seems like the type to have a cat.

"Sorry, we don't have any more lemonade left, but we do have diet coke." Steve cackled.

"That's fine Steve, thank you." I took the can from his hands as he sat on the couch opposite me.

We both silently drank from our cans, not sure how to approach this situation. I had to fill in this silence, it was painful.

"Whose cat is that?" I asked, pointing to the photo frame.

He chuckled and looked up from his can and to the photo.

"Buckys. She was called Alpine."

"Was?"

"Yeah, she passed away when he was a kid. She was a family cat."

"Oh, I'm so..."

I was interrupted by the front door swinging open and bashing the wall, startling me. In walks a very clearly pissed-off James. He storms over to the kitchen island and pulls out a bottle of whisky and a glass, pouring the liquid in and chugging it down.

"Asshole." He mutters, placing the now empty glass on the counter and exhaling.

"You good, bud?" Steve asks.

James turns around when hearing his voice and makes eye contact with me. I can see him physically relax, which helps me to calm myself from seeing him so angry. I wasn't ashamed to admit that seeing him like that was hot, but I'd never say that out loud. He walks over to the coaches and sits down next to me.