𝟭𝟲 𝖽𝗎𝗆𝖻

I think I'm dumb, or maybe I'm just happy

Dumb - Nirvana

TW: Mentions of a controlling, manipulative, and abusive relationship

TW: Mentions of a controlling, manipulative, and abusive relationship. This chapter included discussions of sexual abuse, please continue with caution.

[Praying - Ke$ha]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Olivia's POV

My foot stamps on the floor nervously and my leg shakes as I sit in the waiting room. I pick at my fingernails and my eyes fly all around the room. I've been sitting here for about 20 minutes but it feels like hours. Through the front doors, comes Steve storming in angrily.

"Why the hell am I in a Police Station at 10'o clock at night?" He shouts as he makes it towards me. Once he sees my dried tears, he calms himself down. "What happened?"

"Liam came storming in and he just..." I start to cry again and shake.

"Hey." He sits down next to me and rubs my back, comforting me. "Where were you guys?"

"Me and James were in Carmine's for dinner and he went to the bathroom. When he was gone, Liam walked into the restaurant and started shouting at me. He grabbed my arm tight and was getting angrier, and then James came back and pulled him away." I explain.

"I don't understand, how did that lead to James being in a holding cell?" He asks.

"Liam was going to hit me." I whisper back.

"Oh, god. I'm so sorry, Liv." He hugs me.

"James took him outside but they ended up fighting. When the Police arrived, they arrested both of them."

Steve pulls from the hug and looks down at me with a smile that didn't reach his eyes. I see the clogs turning in his head and then it clicks.

"What were you and James doing in one of the most expensive restaurants in New York?"

I sit frozen in my seat as I try to come up with an excuse but fall flat. He looks down at me expectantly and waits for my answer but it never comes.

"Tiny? What's going on?"

"For dinner, Steve." I only slightly lie.

"Come on, Tiny. I know when you're lying."

I sigh.

"A date." I confess.

We sit in silence as the news settles with Steve. He doesn't look angry, upset, or even surprised. He looks neutral. In all honesty, I'm scared by his lack of reaction. I was expecting him to flip out about us lying to him all this time. But he doesn't. Eventually, he turns towards me and smiles.