𝟬𝟳 𝗀𝗂𝗆𝗆𝖾! 𝗀𝗂𝗆𝗆𝖾! 𝗀𝗂𝗆𝗆𝖾! (𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗇 𝖺𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗆𝗂𝖽𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍)

Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight

Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away?

Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight

Take me through the darkness to the break of the day.

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) - ABBA

TW: Manipulative, controlling and abusive relationship!

Important notice at the bottom of the chapter, please read!

[Treat you better - Shawn Mendes]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Olivia's POV

3 weeks.

It's been 3 weeks since we last spoke, and I'm happy to report back to you that those 3 weeks have flown by easily. There have been no problems that I couldn't handle. I actually got happy that a normal problem happened last week, it was refreshing after the month I've had. I've dealt with normal people's problems, like my mail being sent to Mr Adams upstairs instead of me, or the laundry machine breaking downstairs so I have to go to the laundromat down the street to wash my clothes. On top of that, hanging out with James and Steve has been amazing. Since no problems have come up, there isn't this tense paranoia that something is going to happen. We've had an amazing 3 weeks with each other. And to top it all off, me and James have gotten closer. We share lingering glances every morning when we are on our way to work. When we talk in the hallways, he holds the small bottom of my back and draws circles. He's been non-stop complimenting me on my outfits or makeup and hair, which is a new feeling. It feels nice to be finally seen.

Right now, I'm walking around an empty room that holds so much potential. As I'm reminiscing about the past 3 weeks, Wanda, Vision and Natasha walk in. Wanda walks up to me and grabs my hand, stroking the back of it with her thumb. I look her in the eyes, questioning her on the suddenly concerned look on her face.

"What do you think?" She asks.

"It's nice, a lot bigger than the old shop."

Using her grasp on my hand, she pulls me over to a wall-size window showing the amazing view of the busy city. She side-hugs me and whispers in my ear.

"How you feeling?"

"I'm good, Wanda. Really good." I answer, truthfully.

"Good. If there is anyone who deserves to be happy, it's you." She smiles at me.

I smile back, grateful to hear her words. Since James and Steve have been subtly complimenting me, it's become easier to believe them. 3 weeks I wouldn't have believed what Wanda said, but now I hear some truth to it. I do deserve to be happy.