𝟭𝟳 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝖻𝗈𝖽𝗒 𝗁𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗌

When you're sure you've had enough

Of this life, well hang on

Everybody Hurts - R.E.M.

TW: Slight mention of abusive, controlling, and manipulative relationships

TW: Slight mention of abusive, controlling, and manipulative relationships. Also, I don't know everything about Lawyers and court, but I do watch a lot of Judge Rinder, so that's what I'm going off on :)

[Impossible - James Arthur]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Olivia's POV

I squeeze James' hand tightly as me, James, and Steve wait in another waiting room this week. We've been waiting here for about 30 minutes and with every passing minute, my heart pounds harder in my chest. Every now and then, I feel James' thumb smooth my wrist; letting me know he's there. It feels good to hold his hand without worrying about what Steve sees. Or if Liam is waiting around the corner, ready to pounce on us. Apart from the nervous anticipation, I feel sinking in me, I feel amazingly calm.

Eventually, a door opens and a tall man wearing a deep purple dress shirt and dark grey pants walk out. His hair is scruffy yet neat enough to look professional, and glasses sit perched on the end of his nose. He walks over to us and sticks his hand out, showing an expensive-looking green diamond ring on his left ring finger. His deep brown eyes look down at me as I shake his hand.

"Miss Adams? I'm Bruce Banner, I believe you called about your case." He greets.

"Yes, Mr Banner." I stand up, James and Steve following.

"Please, call me Bruce."

"Thank you, Bruce. You have no idea how much this means to me."

"Follow me." He gestures towards the door and walks.

We follow him into his office and marvel at it. The room is wide and tall with a window spread over an entire wall, giving the perfect view of the city below. His desk sits in the middle of that wall, pushed slightly back, and faces the door. In front of the desk are four couch chairs with a small coffee table in front, facing his large office chair behind his desk. Displayed over the walls are plaques he's earned all through his years of being a Lawyer. He ushers us to sit in the chairs, which we happily do.

"From what I've read from your document, Miss Adams, it seems this has been a recurring occurrence."

"Yes, for about a year now."

"I'm sorry to hear that." He sits down in his chair and faces us, holding his hands and his elbows placed on the table.

"I've also read your Police Statement of what led to Mr Barnes being arrested. I can safely say I will stand beside you and aid you in getting Mr Wood the jail time he deserves." He promises.