𝟬𝟯 𝗂𝗋𝗂𝗌

And I don't want the world to see me

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls

TW: Manipulative, controlling and cheating relationship!

(If you see * then that is the section with the trigger warning)

James' POV

A week. A week since I've seen her, and I hate it. I haven't seen her on her way to work in the mornings, or walking back from the flower shop late at night. She isn't in the mailroom on a Saturday, in the Launderette or in her usual supermarket. It's only ever Liam.

I'm not the only one who has noticed this. After work, Steve always asks me if I've seen her. But I always answer the same way - "No. Sorry, bud." I can see the disappointment and worry written on his face every time I say that to him.

Today is no different. I walk through the door and throw my gym bag by the door and Steve stands up from the couch.

"Anything?"

"No, sorry."

His eyes stay on my face, almost like he's reading my mind. He doesn't need to though, I know we are both thinking the same thing.

"Should we go check on her?" I ask.

Steve doesn't answer. Instead, he bolts towards the door and pulls the handle, stalking towards Olivia's door. I follow, slightly scared of the determined look on his face. He pounds his fist on the door and straightens his posture.

"You might want to calm down before you scare her, Steve." I joke, only slightly serious.

I see him relax. I stand next to him, not really sure what we're going to do when she opens the door. That is if it ever does, it's taking forever. I finally hear the lock click and the door handle jiggle before the door opens.

"Yes?"

Liam. Fucking Liam, of course. Not only is it Liam, but it's also Liam in just socks and a messy button-up work shirt.

"Is Liv in?" Steve demands. I can tell he isn't happy about seeing Liam either.

"No. Olivia isn't here."

It clicks. He's dressed like he rushed to get changed and his hair is all messy. I finally see the tint of purple beginning to form in the shape of lips on his neck. Oh god, I don't even want to think about them doing that.

"When will she be back?" Steve howled.

"No. I'm kinda busy, is that all?" He snarled.

The patronising little shit. I don't know if I can deal with him anymore, I think we should just wait for them to be...done and check on her then.