20. everything he did to me and you.

(y/n)'s pov

We watched the space clouds for a little while, him telling me the story of how he came to find them in the first place as we sit on the floor.

"I lost Obi-Wan during the battle, and I had to get all of us out of there. So I punched in random coordinates and we ended up here." He finished, his eyes never leaving the view.

My eyes were on him the whole time, "That sounds scary. I couldn't imagine having to battle droids all the time." I sighed, hating this war.

"It was hard, but every time we did there was one less droid." He shrugged, his eyes falling to the floor.

"Padmè and I tried so hard to stop it. We really did. I was so disappointed when the Clones showed up," I sighed, also looking towards the floor. "I know they have helped the Jedi and the people of this galaxy so much. But they just remind me of the fact that we failed to stop it all." I looked back up towards the space clouds, willing them to make me feel better.

"You didn't fail, (y/n). None of this was yours or Padmè's fault." He shook his head, turning to face me. "The Republic is what failed. The whole system is flawed, there was nothing you could have done." He spoke bitterly.

"Don't get mad.. But a big part of me blames Chancellor Palpatine." I mumbled, my eyes snapping up to meet his confused expression.

"How do you figure?" He questioned, tilting his head as he looked at me.

I sighed, "I don't trust him. He stood back the entire time we fought, claiming he was doing something when he wasn't. He tricked Padmè into getting the Senate to make him Supreme Chancellor. He's lazy, he sits back and watches all of the destruction. And.. And I get a bad feeling every time I'm near him. There's something twisted about him, he has anterior motives, Anakin. You shouldn't trust him so much." I ranted, my anxiety rising as I worried about how he would react.

I know he is close to the Chancellor, for whatever reason. He trusts him, but I really wish he didn't.

"I think you're just paranoid. You're letting other peoples opinions influence your own. He's a good person, and he has always been there for me." He argued lightly, not seeming too upset by my words.

"I am very capable of making my own opinions, Anakin." I rolled my eyes a bit, "I have seen all of this unfold. I was there. I was there when you and Obi-Wan took Padmè back to Naboo for protection. I've seen and heard things you wouldn't know about." I argued.

He sat up a little straighter, "How do you know that it was Obi-Wan and I that took Padmè? That wasn't supposed to be public knowledge."

"I am friends with Padmè, Anakin. Don't change the subject." I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "The Chancellor isn't trustworthy. He's shady. And I don't like the power he holds over you, what he made you do.." I shook my head, "It wasn't right and he pushed you to do it."

"He didn't make me do anything I hadn't already thought about." He argued back, fully turning to face me.

"I was there, Anakin. I saw how conflicted you were. And at the snap of his fingers you did it. Do you not see what kind of a person he is?" I turned to face him also.

His face didn't hold any anger, like I expected it to. I was surprised he wasn't angry with me, considering the weird sense of loyalty he holds for the man.

"You're over thinking this, (y/n). And besides, Dooku deserved it for everything he did to me and you." His eyes held an intense look, like he was trying to prove that what he did was right.

I couldn't argue that I wished Dooku was dead on several occasions. But I still think he should have been punished properly, but the law. Not to someone's command like Palpatine.