38. painful.

Anakin's pov

"Did it hurt?" She mumbled, looking down at her hands as she toyed with a loose thread of her tank top.

"Your mothers happened quick, I don't think she even had time to react. Your fathers was.. painful though." I bit down on my lip in nervousness, my eyes flashing to her and every other object in the room.

"How painful?"

I sighed, running a hand through my hair in stress. "He suffered. He was barely holding on when I found him."

"And you attacked him? After I left?"

"I was just so angry (y/n), I couldn't help it. I just wanted him to feel even an ounce of pain that you di-"

"Thank you."

My eyes snapped up to meet her red and teary ones, widening at her words. Thank you? She's thanking me for what I did to her parents? For leaving her father to die?

"Why are you thanking me?"

"No one has ever defended me before. Inej would try her best, but she was as helpless as I was most of the time. I've always been left on my own, until you.." She inhaled a deep breath, a few slow tears falling down her cheeks.

I reached to hold her face in my hands, wiping away her sad tears. "I would do anything for you, (y/n). And I will never let anyone else ever hurt you, I promise." She nodded, biting down on her lips in a failed attempt to stop crying before she pulled me into another hug. After yesterday's attack at the Senate building, (y/n) and I have been inside our room the entire eighteen hours. She cried for at least twelve of them..

She slept for a while, and when she woke up I knew I had to confess everything I did to her parents, and what happened afterwards. She didn't look like she felt anything until now. She just stared blankly ahead, processing everything. I was worried she would be angry with me, that she would see me differently and wouldn't want to be with me anymore. But I was already lying to her enough with my business with Palpatine, I couldn't lie about her parents.

"I know Ani.. I know." (y/n) said as she pulled back slightly, "I love you so much. Thank you for being honest with me." She leaned forward and placed her lips to mine, a pang of guilt shooting through my chest.

"Of course." I mumbled against her lips, I'd rather get lost in the blissful feeling of her touch than the guilt of lying to her.

(y/n)'s pov

"I should see my sister. I want to make sure she's okay." I said as I pulled away from Anakin's embrace, watching him nod.

"Okay, but first, someone is here to see you." He smiled softly, my brows furrowed in confusion as the door burst open.

"You're alive!" I heard Ahsoka yell, making my eyes meet hers.

"Yes I'm alive Snips." I smiled lightly, hugging her back just as tightly as she hugged me.

"You seriously need to just stop going places. You're a lot safer if you could just stay still." She scolded me, making me laugh a little.

It was refreshing, seeing her. She was always like a breath of fresh, clean air. She could make your darkest days brighter just with her optimism alone. And her tight embrace helped a lot too.

"I will try that in the future, Snips." I held her a little tighter, just for comfort. "I was actually about to leave though, Inej was in the med wing last night and I want to go check on her." I met her eyes again.