35. whatever her fate is, mine is the same.

Anakin's pov

I stepped into the Chancellors office, seeing him rise from his desk with a smile.

"Ah, Anakin. How good it is to see you again." He said as he walked around his desk.

"It's nice to see you too, your excellence." I bowed my head.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, young Skywalker? Is the Princess alright?"

"The Princess is doing better. But there is actually something I would like to speak to you about regarding her." He looked at me with a curious look, sitting back behind his desk as I sat in front of him.

"What is it, my young friend?"

"As you're aware, the King and Queen are the ones who set the bounty on the Princess-"

"Oh yes, how unfortunate. Poor girl, to have your own family turn against you like that? At such a young age as well?" He shook his head, a sad expression on his face.

"Yes, it is unsettling. I would like to know what is being done with them?"

"Anakin, you know I can't speak to you about those matters-"

"Please, Chancellor Palpatine. It would mean a great deal to me to have that information. It would help a lot with settling the Princess as well. She has not handled the news well.." I lied, partially.

She knows they set it all up, but she hasn't said much about it other than that one night. It's almost like she pushed it to the far corners of her mind and willed herself to forget. Which saddens me, something like this shouldn't be pushed away like that. As painful as it is, she deserves an apology and maybe even revenge for it.

He sighed, "They are being held down in the detention centre for questioning. But I will say, they are not talking."

"They won't say anything?" I felt irritation rise in my chest.

"I'm afraid not. They say the bare minimum, not even Princess Inej could get them to talk."

"Princess Inej was here?" My eyes widened a bit.

"She was. She was extremely upset with them, and she tried to get them to speak but they refused. The Princess left, she's being safely watched now though." He gave me a sad smile.

"Well.. Thank you, your excellence." I sighed, standing. I was hoping to get more information, but if they won't talk then there is not much to find. Yet.

"Is there something else bothering you, my boy?" He asked curiously.

I but on my lip, contemplating on whether or not I wanted to talk about my thoughts. But if anyone could help me sort them– without judgment, it was him or (y/n).

"I am worried about the Princess. She has been having these.. visions.."

"The Princess is Force sensitive?" His eyes widened a bit.

"No, no she isn't. That's what concerns me. (y/n) is unable to have visions like I am, but she is having visions of some sort. And I'm afraid that someone is causing them, someone who wishes to harm her."

"That does sound troublesome, my dear boy. Is she alright?"

"That's another thing I am unsure of," I sighed, sitting back down and placing my elbows on my knees. "Master Yoda is trying to help her right now, but part of me is afraid that we won't be able to figure this out."

"Fear is not an emotion to be felt by a Jedi, Anakin." He gave me a certain look, making my stomach twist a bit. "But I suppose I can understand. You have grown a fondness for the Princess, she is a sweet girl after all." He smiled, making me feel a sense of relief.