52 Rabellion.•

(y/n)'s pov

In the days after mine and Anakin's wedding and short honeymoon I have done nothing but work endlessly.

Days are filled with meetings upon meetings, frustrating tasks, my sister demanding me to come home and stay there where i'll be safe, although I don't think I'll ever feel safe there again. And then there's Anakin, who has the next two weeks task free as he likes to call it.

He gets to do whatever he wants for two weeks starting today, and I wonder what that's like.

While he gets to go out and do whatever he pleases, I'm stuck working day and night to find a solution to the problems this galaxy faces, and the plague known as Palpatine. He's like a stubborn weed in your garden, no matter how much you prune and plant over the stubborn thing it always grows back. Always taking over everything.

And I am not the only one who sees it.

A number of Senators have approached me in support of abolishing these new laws and regulations the Chancellor is trying to push, and of course I'm on board. The problem is convincing other members of the Senate to be on board. And any time I get even close to convincing someone, one of the chancellors goonies ruin everything. So here we are, in the Senate holding a hearing on the vote, and I am desperately trying to get the others to hear me.

"The war is doing nothing, it's doing nothing other than plaguing everyone's lives and destroying everything we've worked so hard to build for so long. Homes are destroyed, civilizations and innocent people are slaughtered. Please, reconsider your decisions on this vote. People are dying, children are dying. I urge you do to the right thing, and stop this war."

I saw nods, and I saw understanding. But I also saw head shakes and crossed arms. There's so many people to push back, so many men who push back.

"Thank you for your words of inspiration Senator (y/l/n), with that I will leave you all to think on what has been said here today, and I also encourage you to do the right thing to stop this war." The Chancellor said, making my skin crawl.

Bastard.

He's a slimy lying git, and I can't stand him. I don't trust him, and he knows it. He knows I haven't forgotten about his little discussion with the mystery man. But he also knows that I will never put Anakin's life and future in jeopardy.

"I hope the people will hear you, Senator. I fear that we are losing this battle." Senator Organa said as we left the large room.

"I hope so too, Senator." I nodded in agreement, exhaustion taking over my body.

I excused myself and went back to my private office, sighing as I leaned against the door and closed my eyes. This galaxy is falling into ruin, figuratively and literally. The Separatists are destroying everything in their path and we are close to being their last mission.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the door once it was closed. I could feel all my stress building up in a pit in my stomach, and it was exhausting. I'm exhausted, there's only so much push and pull someone can take before they are burnt out, and everyone who agrees with me is always putting me in the spot light, making me the face of this... Rebellion.

They just don't care what that does to me.

I jumped when I opened my eyes and saw someone sitting at my desk, "What the hell? Excuse me-"

"Relax Princess, it's only me." He chuckled, making my eyes narrow.

I slowly walked to my desk, taking glances around to make sure I don't step on any bombs or trip over any wires and all of a sudden snakes are falling on me or arrows are shot in my back. Once safely at my desk, I took a much needed seat.