55. nightmare.

Trigger warning- mentions / slight descriptions of death of fmc + child. Read at your own risk or skip the nightmare scene (after italics)

Anakin's pov

She looked incredible. She wasn't wearing anything but a lacy bra and some cotton shorts, her stomach on full display. But even with the simplicity of it, she was beautiful.

"It's a girl.."

"How do you know?"

"Call it mother's intuition." She smiled surly, still moving her hand softly where our baby was resting safely within her.

"Well you believe it, so it must be true." I joke, listening to her laugh and shake her head. "I have the perfect name for her too." She laid down beside me, her head resting across my stomach.

"Oh prey tell, Princess." I ran my fingers through her soft hair as my other hand rested on her stomach, feeling our baby kick lightly.

"Nova." She said confidently, her small and nimble fingers tracing tingling patterns on my forearm.

"Nova," I said as I smiled, "Why Nova?"

"Because of our first anniversary.. When you took me to see that first Supernova. I knew it then that if we ever had a baby and it was a girl, she would be named Nova."

I smiled at her words, thinking about our first anniversary. Although it was a slightly tainted memory, I still wouldn't change any of it for anything. I wouldn't change any of the years we've had for anything. No matter how painful times were, it was all worth it to get here.

"Nova.." I mumbled, "It's perfect."

"Nova Shmi Skywalker." She whispered, making my movements stop and my eyes sting a bit. I haven't heard my mothers name in years, even less have I heard it come off of (y/n)'s lips.

"It's perfect." I managed to get out of my mouth, even if the words were a bit broken.

"And if by some sort of twist of reality I'm wrong, for a boy I like Ben. Ben Skywalker, it's such a pretty name, don't you think?" She looked up to me, her eyes sparkling in the light. 

I smiled, thinking of the time that Obi-Wan had to pretend to have a 'normal' name for a mission, and he chose Ben since it was what his name was in another language. We've been calling him that ever since.

"Ben Skywalker. It is pretty, but what would we do for a middle name?"

"Hmm, maybe we could try... Ben Mace Skywalker? I think Master Windu would approve." She started laughing at the face I gave her, making me shake my head in annoyance.

"Absolutely not. I'd chose Jar-Jar over Mace." She laughed even harder at that, and I couldn't help but laugh with her.

Her laugh was so intoxicating and infectious, so light and sweet. I could get drunk off her laugh alone, and when I see her smile I feel like I've been winded.

Her laugh died down, her eyes looking deep into my own. "Ben Jinn Skywalker. For Qui-Gon.." She whispered, sitting up and turning so that we were face to face now.

"It's perfect." I smiled, bringing her lips to my own as she smiled.

"Ah— Anakin— It hurts!" She cried, gripping my arm tightly as she stumbling in the hallway of the medical centre.

"I know, I know baby but we're almost there." I pulled her up from the wall, deciding on picking her up and racing down the hall. "Sir you can't—"