10: Beach Day And Old Enemies

This whole week has been chaotic. Principal Perry bought a spinning platform for a wrestling match that Leo and Adam participated in. Leo told me he was visited by his future self for some odd reason, wish I was there to see it. Then we had a drill at school where Leo and Principal Perry were stuck in the school elevator. The strangest thing about that day— what I thought I saw at least— was Bree pulling the elevator up with her own hands. I pass that as me not sleeping enough. It's a stretch but there is no way that could've, it's impossible, you only see that in movies.

Anyways, Adam told me how they were home alone while Mr. Davenport and Tasha were taking a trip to Australia, backwards. Yeah, he told me about their eventful day backwards. I swear I never though I'll see Adam act even more strange. He called me later that day and was talking normal again. It must have been a Davenport invention gone wrong. That's not all, Chase described their disastrous mistake of starting a garage sale in their living room to make more money. They found out about chore money and craved for more that they accidentally sold Tasha's jewelry box and had to pay in order to get it back.

So far none of them texted or called me about their weird encounters. While it is amusing to hear, I don't want to know about it for at least another 24 hours.

I inhaled deeply and exhaled. I lip-synced to the song softly playing in the background. I sat on my bed reading 'the song of Achilles.' I really wanted to finish the book but found a lot of things distracting me from doing so. I'm almost finished with it and Chase had asked if he could borrow it when I finished. He said he would let me borrow one of his books if I lend him mine.

I turned the page to start on the next chapter when my ringtone went off. I placed my bookmark and picked my phone from the small dresser on the side of my bed, which is located in the corner of my room, next to a plug.

A badly taken photo of Leo showed up with the name 'mini davenport.' After Leo told me he wanted to be like his dad and invent things. I sometimes call him 'mini Davenport', 'Mini D' or 'MD' for short.

I swiped right, accepting his call.

"What are you grounded for this time, Leo?" I asked, playing with the fluff of one of my plushies.

"Nothing. I'm offended that you would think I was grounded." Leo exaggeratedly gasped.

"Why did you call then?"

"Mr. Davenport is taking us to the beach and said I could invite you?" Leo explained.

I was grateful for being invited, I truly am, but I don't like the beach. Last time I went there and I almost drowned. That kind of started my fear of water.

"Uh, I-I have to ask my dad. I don't know if he would—"

Dad opened my door and peered inside my room, "She can go, Leo!" Dad shouted.

Yeah, he knows about Leo. He saw Leo posted a selfie with the gift and asked me if he was the one that was forgotten in his own birthday.

My eyes widened and I threw a pillow at him. He closed the door in time to block it. I heard Leo cheer from the other side of the call.

"We'll pick you up—"

"Is it alright if I meet you guys there?" I cut him off and hear Leo distantly shout to Mr. Davenport. "Yeah that's fine. I'll see you later. Bye Lauren."