46: Unexpected Turn

I'm almost free. I just need to unlock the door and im out of this mess. As I typed on the pad a shriek followed. I jumped and screamed at the sudden noise. I placed a hand on my chest calming myself down.

"Leo! What are you doing here?" I frustratedly whispered. He gaped his mouth seeming like a fish out a water while pointing at his little red wagon.

"Dont tell me you're going to go in there with that?" I asked, pinching the bridge of my nose.

Leo composed himself. "Yeah I am. My family is in danger and they need me."

"Leo. This isn't going to end well and you know it." I tried to reason with him. Leo looked at me with the same look he had when I first betrayed him. A wave— tsunami at this point— of guilt overwhelmed me. This is not the time to break down.

I swear all I've been feeling since I got here is guilt.

"I don't care. I have to do something. I wont just run away like you are."

"I didn't want this." I stressed out.

"You didn't stop it either."

~•~•~•~•~

"Oh, look who showed up to be a hero. And this ones not even bionic. I can take him out with the sprinklers." Douglas said taking a seat on his chair. The screen displayed the imagine of Leo and Lauren. Thought she hide amongst the shadows that proved the night sky.

"Leave him alone. He's just a kid." Donald defended.

"Wait. Is that...?" Chase trailed off squinting trying to see the monitor better. "Lauren?"

The bionic trio looked at the screen with shock. They watched their friend step out the shadow speaking with Leo. All three felt weight on their chest. The same like when Mr. D first saw Lauren casually in the lab with his brother. They couldn't believe it.

"Yeah, she's been a real help that girl." Douglas smiled, a hint of pride in his eyes when mentioning Lauren. He genuinely did like the girl. While he enjoyed having her around it did not take his focus away from what he really wanted.

"Time to wake Marcus. He wanted the privilege to take Leo down all to himself."

~•~•~•~•~

This whole time while we both could've left, Leo decided to use it to argue with me— and Eddie. I really didn't need Eddie here but at least he wasn't only annoying me tonight.

"Hello, Leo."

A voice came from behind us. Leo let out a loud scream holding onto me. Which caused me to scream and coward away from the lab's secret entrance.

"Sorry you came all this way. But we're kind of busy." Marcus said, taking small steps towards us. He stretched his hand out to me which I took. While I didn't agree with Douglas and his schemes I didn't want to fight Marcus on this. He was made for this very moment.

"Oh yeah? Well I've got this." Leo said, taking a laser gun from his wagon. Marcus flung the gun effortlessly with his bionics.

This went on until Marcus finally shot his own laser beams and disintegrate the wagon.

"Goodbyes are tough, Leo, so I'll make this easy." Marcus said. He brought his hand up. Small sparks of green started to form.