27: Making Memories

"Fuck, This had been one hell of a week." I whined plopping onto Marcus's bed.

"That bad, huh?"

"Yeah, since I actually have been going to school and not sitting on my ass reading comics all day."

"Hey! I do other things too." Marcus defended himself. He threw the comic aside sitting up. I did the same leaning against his headboard. He got off his bed and turned his console on. I gladly accepted my designated controller.

The weekend is finally here and the best part... I get to relax. Actually, relax, no going over to the Davenport's, no bickering from dad and Douglas, no helping out their 'evil' schemes. Just relaxing with Marcus and hopefully Tony.

Tony hasn't talked to me since yesterday. He's distant now which is fully understandable. Just something feels off. It might be all in my head but I can't shake this feeling, like he's not telling me something.

"Ren?"

I felt a soft touch in my shoulder bringing me back from my thoughts. Marcus looked at me with concern laced all over his face.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah?" Marcus mocked, "I've been calling your name for awhile. What were you thinking about?"

"It's nothing to worry about." I said, clicking the buttons on the controller. I paused and looked at him, "Did you call me Ren...?"

"Don't change the topic. Is this about yesterday? With your dad?"

I shook my head meeting his eyes and smiled, "Don't worry. I was spacing out like I always do."

He wasn't convinced but didn't bring it up which I was grateful for. He carried on pretending like there was not a single bad thing happening in the world, which again, super grateful for.

"Soooo" Marcus turned his head slightly, not taking his eyes off the screen. "You did call me Ren. New nickname you came up with?"

Marcus grinned, "FIgured you needed a new one. Especially after the one you decided to give me" He sneered at the mention of the nickname I gave him not too long ago.

I chuckled, "You mean Markie. I thought you liked the name."

He gave me a dirty look that unleashed another set of giggles out of me. It's fun messing with him.

For the past hour we laughed, joked, and did absolutely anything to keep our minds from drifting to the undesired situations that had happened within these few months. Obviously they affected me more than Marcus, but I appreciated his selflessness of changing topics when anything remotely reminded me of them. Although it didn't stop him from bringing up something I wish he had forgotten.

"So, I never got to hear the whole story with you and Chase." Marcus said.

"What?"

It caught me off guard, I mean one minute I'm beating him in Super Smash Bros and the next he's asking about Chase and I. So acting clueless it is.

"Remember the time he thought he 'figure' out your secret. What did he think it was?"

"O-oh that, Uh, well basically he, uh..."