22: A Trip To The Bottom Of The Pacific Ocean

It's crazy to think how long it's been since Marcus arrived. Throughout these eventful months dad created this routine for Tony and I. We go to school and then straight to Douglas's place right after. On weekends we spend it over at their place and recently started sleeping there. My first few days were uncomfortable. Not because of the people but rather the new setting. Hell, the first day we arrived to our house I couldn't sleep for days.

Anyways, I've also made time for the Davenport's. I was able to give Bree ten girl days throughout the months. I went back to talking about random things with Adam. Then there's Chase. We hang out like always, we talk, geek out, and are getting closer and closer.

And of course, my friendship with Leo is nonexistent. The only time he talks to me is when he makes witty remarks. I definitely miss him and his sarcastic, scrawny self. I just can't help but feel I'm too far gone to make it up to him or the Davenport's. Every time Marcus and I do more spying and gathering intel on them, I've been deceiving them more and more. I remember when I would get so frustrated over them lying to my face. Yet here I am doing it to them.

Everyday I yearn to tell them everything but back out last minute. I want to keep my close bond with Marcus and them. It's selfish of me, I get that, but I'm not ready to let go of either of my friends. This is the longest friendships I've ever had. The longest and with the most reliable people I've met so far. Not to throw shade at my friends back in my old hometown, they're great, we just sadly lost touch.

Besides, dad will punish the fuck out of me if don't choose Marcus. He's the main reason I back out last minute.

And don't even get me started on mom's side of the family. I can't even depend on her now. In simple terms, she's a completely different person. The only person that's the same is Tony and my other siblings— who I don't speak with.

Dad and Douglas are slowly becoming restless with the lack of bionic teens in their trap. Each day we keep getting reminded how it's not hard to capture a group of teenagers. On top of their patience running low, I have to worry about dad.

Never in my life would I have thought dad would turn aggressive. He doesn't hit Tony or I, it's not in his nature. I mean aggressive as in yelling and throwing things to prove a point. I don't know what type of memories he's unlocked while being with Douglas but it brought the ugly side of him. The only other time I've know go this kind of behavior are from the stories grandpa would tell us from when dad was young.

Which is why bringing Adam, Bree and Chase to the lab isn't a choice anymore. It's my 'responsibility,' as dad likes to call it, to bring them in. Does it excuse my actions? No, absolutely not. I won't ever forgive myself for this. But am I scared of the outcomes of my dad if I don't? Yes.

"Hey. You okay?" Marcus asked, beside me. I ran a hand through my short hair. I might've cut it while having a meltdown about... everything. That's wasn't fun. Especially, since Marcus was there to witness it and he help me through it— he was clueless but nonetheless helped me, he even offered to level out my hair.

Speaking of haircuts, Marcus got one from me. During his haircut I was mentally doing fine. At first I was hesitant, not because I don't know how to cut hair, but because I didn't want to chop off his adorable locks. His old hairstyle gave him a sweet, pure look. His new style was more outgoing, intimidating if you will, some might even say hot.

Anyway, I nodded and softly smiled at him. We were in the lab currently. Dad and Douglas were in front of us watching the tablet. Douglas snickered and handed the tablet to his son. I peeked over his shoulder and saw Mr. Davenport with his kids. We were able to hear Mr. D tell Leo to watch over Adam, Bree and Chase.