30: Hanging Out With Geeks

"Sooo, what do you say?" Chase asked. The urge to hang up the phone was tempting, but I would probably get to be around Chase without having to hear Leo constantly attacking me with witty remarks. Probably.

"Fine. I'll help you and Leo with your robot."

"Yes! Thank you. Okay, can you come around five?"

I thought over Chase's question. I don't believe I have anything planned for five. Dad's probably gonna send me to work on the traps if I have nothing else to do.

"Yeah. I can come over at that time."

"Alright then, welcome to the team, partner."

I snorted at how geeky he sounded, "I'll see you later, Chase."

"See ya later."

I hanged up the call, tossing my phone aside. I'd take building robots over building traps with Douglas and dad any day. Today's one of those rare days we're actually in our house and dad's at work, like a normal working father should be. Apparently there's been a robbery in a small local store that Tasha is doing a story on.

"I know I haven't exactly been around but I'm not blind..." I looked up from my book to the door. Tony stood there with his hands tucked into his pockets. He walked over to sit on the edge of my bed, "What's going on between you and Marcus?"

I pursed my lips hesitant to speak. Should I tell him? Should I not?

"We're umm..."

Tony's eyes widened realizing something, "Holy shit don't tell me you're dating him?!"

"Keep your voice down!" I said, through gritted teeth.

"No one's home." Tony pointed out narrowing his eyes. Right, I forgot about that little detail. He flicked my forehead muttering something about being blind.

I rubbed the spot he hit me. "We're not dating but we're more than friends."

Tony stood up, then sat down, then stood up again. He repeated this for about two more times before holding me by my shoulders. He looked dead in my eyes.

"Show me your ways." I couldn't help but chuckle.

"What?"

"You're the most antisocial person I've ever met. I'm shocked you even made friends—"

"Rude." He ignored my comment continuing his rant.

"And the one you do have end up distancing themselves from you."

"I still have—" I cut in.

"They don't count." Tony deadpanned.

"As I was saying, How the hell did you end up with someone? Like romantically."

I didn't take offense since it is true. Most friends I have don't last long. I only have a few selected friends from my hometown and the Davenport's.

"'Cause I'm not desperate." Tony glared at me but I was being serious. He keeps going after girls, which is great. He's putting himself out there but he made himself seem desperate. At least that's what the girls he asked out have told me. Tony thought for a moment before nodding. "Besides don't you have a thing for that emo chick from work."