40: Spike's Back

Having everyone's eyes on you was terrifying. Absolutely wished I'd fought more with Ms. Whitlock on this but it's too late now. Currently, I'm sitting in the bathroom contemplating whether to call in sick. So, apparently, I just so happened to preform principal's Perry's favorite song and she instantly let me in the show. I unlocked the stall and went over to the sink to splashed some water on my face.

Why am I like this? I've preformed various time in my old hometown. Then again I never did it alone. But my friends are going to be there— but not with me. Ugh, it's fine, it's fine. It's not a big deal.

I kept repeating those words as I walked out the bathroom.

Oh, yeah, so on top of me getting in—even though I didn't want to, Leo is upset at Chase for showing off and getting him kicked out. As for Chase he sort of exposed his bionics but everyone thinks he's just a great magician. I haven't talked to either of them since then.

On my way to the cafeteria I walked past multiple people taking their seats. I took my seat on the sidelines with the rest of the performers. Perry had assigned us the order we were going on stage. I was up next and then Chase, which is confusing. Don't get me wrong, I would've hate to be the last or be the first person to go up, but I thought Chase would go before me. It didnt take long to realize Perry place the students in the order she found them the most impressive. I guess, I feel... honored? I don't know if being seen as impressive by Perry is an insult or a huge compliment.

I felt a nudge on my shoulder. I looked over to the seat next to me which was occupied by Chase. He motioned to the stage, where Perry was scowling at me.

Oh, shit, it's my turn.

I rushed out my seat and onto the center of the stage. I quickly scanned over the crowd and saw Ms. Whitlock and Tony smiling from the crowd. I felt some nerves settle down seeing them. I tried to invite dad and Marcus to the show but I knew not to get my hopes up. With Douglas being on their ass, I doubt they would show up.

—————————

I was wrong.

So while preforming, I naturally had my gaze down at my guitar occasionally looking out into the crowd. And by crowd I mean looking between people to not make accidental eye contact. After my performance was done, I took a final quick glance at the crowd and spotted someone that wasn't there at first. And that someone was leaning against the doorframe smiling proudly at me. Which instantly got rid of all my worries.

"I thought your dad didn't allow you to come." I said, giving him a quick hug.

"He doesn't know I'm here." Marcus smirked. "You did good. That was one hell of a performance."

"Thanks." I chuckled.

"I gotta get back before dad realizes I'm gone." Marcus said, looking down at the time on his phone. He leaned in and peck my cheek. "I'll see you later."

"Bye." I waved at him as he sped out of the school. I took some deep breaths trying to get rid of the smile on my face. I don't need anyone questioning why I'm all smiley after looking like I might've passed out.

I walked back into the cafeteria after calming down in time to see Perry introducing Chase to the stage.

"Okay, next up we have the amazing Chase, the only magician whose magic wand is bigger than he is!"