47: A Year Later

It's been a difficult year. After the incident with the Davenport's I left Mission Creek. I left my new life and went back to Philadelphia with my granddad. I would still visit dad and Tony but kept it minimal to avoid seeing anything else besides them. I also payed a few visits to mom. I wish I could say she was better but quite the opposite. She's gone. Not dead but she might as well be. She is now a shell of the wonderful women she was. It was upsetting to see happen. It was a slow process but the change is noticeable.

Dad almost got sent to jail again for beating the shit out of Victor for it. Luckily he only served a week out of his sentence before Tony and I paid for his bail. None of us accepted her fate. We all pitched in and tried everything to get her to her old self. From therapy sessions to vacations.

Michael was becoming more like Victor and Erin took it hard. Dad had convinced him to move in with them. I kind of regret leaving now that Erin is safely with dad but I just couldn't stay there.

As for Victor he's gone off the rails. He's more insane than before. I don't know l much about him or what he so up to but it's very concerning. But it's not my problem. Not anymore. My problem right now is my best friends acting like idiots but nothing different there.

Since coming back things have changed. Apparently my best friends found this hidden hospital for superheroes. Insane to listen to but it's true. I've witnessed it first hand. Even got to patch up a hero. I've tended some hero but I mostly stayed out of that. I don't want to get roped into hero work anymore. I mostly stayed home now and hang out with my other friends getting up to mischief. It's fun messing around without a care in the world sometimes. It's definitely something I needed after— well, it's just something that has helped.

Tony had kept me updated with things back in Mission Creek. He's the one that didn't have much to do with the Davenport's so he wasn't as affect. He did't mind being around them unlike dad and I. He tells me things about them even when I don't want to hear it. A part of me is glad he does it even though I try to convince myself I don't care. From what he's told me the Davenport's had gone back to their chaotic ways.

From Adam being shrunk to Victor ruining Davenport industries and exposing the trios bionics. It definitely was a lot to take in but again don't really care anymore. I wanted to help, be there with them when their secret got exposed. I know the Davenport's probably took it hard but it's not like they would've appreciated my help.

"Ren, tell Oliver it's completely safe to connect these two together." One of my for friends, Kaz, said holding up two cables that had sever damage. I titled my head wondering if he had any common sense. At all.

"Oliver is right. You could get electrocuted." I said, taking the plugs away from him.

"Thank you." Oliver said, making his way through the door.

"Aren't you two supposed to be at the hospital?" I asked. Kaz and Oliver were currently at my granddad's house. I was sitting home alone waiting for him to get back when these two dropped by.

"Technically yes but we need to find a way to help Gamma girl."

"Gamma girl? Didn't you two help her already?"

"Uh, you don't stop getting injuries in the job, Ren." Kaz retorted, lightly hitting my head. He put his hands on his hips scoffing. Oliver and I shared looks before returning our gaze onto Kaz. I stood from the chair I sat in and walked to Kaz. I turned him around and began to push him out the door. Oliver chuckled walking beside me.