43: Another Dooley In School

Not to jinx my luck so far, but, things are going great. There were no fights between dad and us, he's actually been more engaged in our life and cuts himself off when he finds himself spiraling to the 'dark' side. Mom was started to regain consciousness of her surrounding according to Erin. She was slowly showing signs of herself again, just slowly readjusting.

Now with my friends, surprisingly, it was also going great. We hung out, even had sleepovers once in a while. Leo was kinder to me, he hasn't fully forgiven me and sometimes shoots glared my way but baby steps.

Douglas hasn't bothered me or teased Marcus and I's... relationship? Not sure what to call it. I mean we aren't officially dating but we're definitely more than friends. Anyways, we were going strong. Nothing has happened to affect our connection, not even Douglas's plan that was nearing with each day.

And lastly, I've been invited to my first ever party. Like an actually party with other teens and stuff. While I have been to the Davenport's parties it's not the same considering they are my friends. I was invited by someone I don't know from my school. It's kinda exciting but I passed the offer. I'm not much of a party person.

"Take care, ladies. See you at the party."

Right. So, from our little friend group, Leo and I were invited. And he did not stop mentioning it, not even in class. He spent all day rubbing it in his siblings face. "Oh, did I tell you I was invited to the par—"

"Yes!" Chase and Bree yelled in annoyance. A small smile forced its way to my lips. For once, Leo was the more popular one in their family.

"There's my little boy!"
"And there is my little girl!"

Leo and I looked at each other with wide eyes. It can't be. Please don't let it be.

"Mind if we join you?" Tasha took the empty seat between her children. While dad took an empty seat and sat beside me. He smiled and gave me a little wave. I pursed me lips and hesitantly waved back. I'm all for dad acting like his old self again, I really am, but coming to school is not something I want back. As a matter of fact, he would never come to school willingly. I mean the guys hates being in school. Even coming to parent/teacher nights.

"What are you two doing here?" Bree asked.

"I'm here because I decided to run for president of the PTA!"

"What school?! 'Cause I know it's not this one!" Leo faked a smile.

"That's nice. Why are you here, dad?" I ignored Leo's comment and directed my attention to dad. I didn't have a problem with Tasha here. I had one with dad's presence in the school.

"Well, I'm here to help her. A parent can never be too involved in their child's life." Dad answered, booping the tip of my nose. I backed away cringing at his action. He took a bit of his apple and acted like nothing had happened. The thing with dad is he's not the overly affectionate type of parent. He was never fond of that and something tells me he's forcing this act.

"Yes they can." Leo remarked. He violently bobbed his head up.

"Oh, well, I agree with Axel. With Adam getting his license and you going to parties, it made me realize that you're all growing up." Tasha added her view.

Chase hummed, "Well, Leo could definitely use a chaperone for the party this weekend."

Leo protested while Tasha, her step-son and daughter hummed in agreement. Dad and I looked at each other conversing silently at the scene in front of us.