37: No Place Like Home

The day's going a lot faster than we'd expected. Classes were the same, some teachers were friendly, and I actually enjoyed being in class for a change. Expected for one class. I never thought I'd say this but... I hated Ms. Whitlock's class. This universe had an evil Ms. Whitlock. It's like her and Principal Perry switched attitudes.

"Kids."

Leo and I turned around and saw Mr. D.

"Hey, What are you doing here?"

"I always pick you up from school. A, your mother insists on it, and... B, it's the few minutes a day I can enjoy natural sunlight." Mr. D explained. It's kinda sad hearing how little humanity he has. Tasha sure is keeping him on a tight leash.

"This world is so much different from ours." He leaned towards me and I nodded.

"Well, my world is limited to the lab. That, and of course the thrill I get for fifteen minutes a day, coming to pick you up. Stoplights are awesome!" Mr. D ranted. He has this innocences to him that is degrades his images from the other Mr. D.

"Hey, Leo." Adam greeted.

"Hey, look who made some friends." Mr. D pointed out. At this point I tuned out Leo too tired to hear him ask Mr. D about them.

"Oh, hey, look, it's the dude who gets all excited at stoplights." Chase mockingly waved at Mr. D. Then his eyes just had to spot me. He moved forward and grabbed me like he previously did.

He leaned in to my ear and whispered, "Don't get to close to him."

"Chase about what you saw earlier—"

"It's okay, babe. Everything is going to be okay after this." Chase rubbed my shoulder and went to kiss me. I was quick enough to move my head so he'd kiss my cheek. This Chase is being a pain in the ass.

"After what?" He ignored my question slightly pulling me behind him.

"Leo, we have a confession. We believe what you said earlier." Bree confessed.

"Yeah, and we want you to know that your bionic secret is safe within us." Adam said and Leo looked relieved.

"Finally, it's good to have you guys back!" Leo sighed and went to hug them.  They awed and as Adam moved I caught a glimpse at a man in a suit.

"Leo!" I was able to pull him away as the trio planned to push him to the man. Leo looked startled while the trio glared at me. Chase held a mixture of disappointment and betrayal in his face. Is there a reality that I don't betray him?

A mixture of words fumbled out their mouths but they all had one thing in mind. To capture leo.

"Freeze Dooley. You're coming with me." The man grabbed leo by his upper arm.

"Not to self, not a fan of the Hendersons." Leo barked.

"Sir, how can you even believe them?! Do you have prove of what they told you?"

"See! That's prove!" Chase exclaimed. "He must've done something to my girlfriend. She's all of a sudden defending this freak." He once again pulled me away from Leo and to his side. The man didn't let go of Leo's arms and moved near us. Chase sighed and walked a few feet away from Leo and his siblings.