28: I Didn't Even Have Detention

The weekend, plus Monday, was over and we're back at the hellhole. I excluded Monday because— well because I actually enjoyed school that day. Adam, Bree, Chase, and Leo were absent that day. Messed up, I know, but Marcus and I got to enjoy the day without having to worry about them (feel guilty). It was great. Not only that but I was able to tell Bree about the date I had with Marcus.

God, it's so weird to hear that out loud.

I went on a date. Date.

It's not something I ever thought I'd go on. Much less tell someone about it. Bree and I spent hours last night on the phone talking about it. She squealed then I would squeal, it felt so... strange to act this way.

"Hey. You ready?"

I turned around to face Marcus, who was leaning against the doorframe. I quickly turned back to my closet feeling a smile creep onto my face.

I cleared my throat, "Uh, yeah. I'm just getting my bag."

I got the confidence to look back at him. Thankfully, I didn't end up smiling like a fool but the blush on my face might've gave away how I felt. Marcus smirked clearly amused to see me this way.

"You're adorable." He said as he left the room leaving me dazed. I placed a hand over my mouth concealing a giggle from escaping. I took a deep breath, lightly slapping my face to compose myself. Once the blush faded away I walking out the room to Douglas's truck.

———————————

"Ugh, I want what you have with Marcus." I chuckled at Bree's reaction. I was walking along with the bionic trio and Leo to our final period. Bree and I were walking behind the guys not wanting them to hear our conversation. Not that I want to keep it a secret but
it's a bonding moment between Bree and I.

"Don't worry, one day you'll find someone." I reassured her. She rolled her eyes linking our hands as we caught up to her brothers.

"You're still here?" Leo asked. He eyed me up and down while giving me a scowl.

"Leo, enough."

"No, no, Bree it's okay. I actually have to be somewhere right now."

It was true. I completely forgot Ms. Whitlock asked me to meet her. Which is another reason to be happy. I get to skip a period without getting in trouble.

"You sure? I could hit Leo for you." Bree suggested.

"I'm sure. Thank you though." I chuckled. I waved at my bionic friends before separating from them.

I turned around going back the way we came from. While walking I spotted principal Perry with a frown on her face.
So a normal day with Perry.

I knocked on my favorite teacher's door and waiting to be let in. Just seconds after knocking the door opened. An excited Ms. Whitlock opened the door and gestured me inside. I smiled at her passing to my seat upfront. I sat and kept my gaze on Ms. Whitlock. She sat on her desk failing at hiding her enthusiasm.

Which is pretty concerning. Last time she looked this happy was when my dad complimented her. Yeah, that really happened. Dad decided to flirt with my teacher in order to get me out of trouble. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful I got excused from having detention, but I don't wish to see my dad flirt with my teacher. I adore Ms. Whitlock, I really do, but the thought of my dad and her together was just gross.