50: Boyfriend Goes Missing

After the showdown happened I left straight away. Not even waiting for the Davenports to take Mr. D to the hospital. I told Adam to update me. I decided it would be best to leave now than further anger them while they are vulnerable. Mr. D being unconscious really impacted them. Chase blamed me for it but at this point it would be weird if he hadn't. Adam asked me to stay but I knew this was not the place for me.

I went back home after checking on dad and my brothers. I actually spent the night with before leaving for Philly. I told them about the whole situation and Michael siding with Victor. They said they would keep an eye on him as I left town again.

Now it was Wednesday morning, I was skipping school and hanging out in my grandpa's place with my feet kicked up on the coffee table. Kaz and Oliver were at school. Kaz constantly texting me about being bored and Oliver texted me about their latest saves at the hospital. Those two sure do know their way around saving people.

"Feet off." My grandpa said, smacking my feet. I sat up going back on my phone.

"Where's your little boyfriend?" Grandpa said, not taking his eyes of his car magazine. I looked up and around the room. I scrunched my brows wondering where was he. I thought he was in the living room with me.

Ever since coming back to Philly, Marcus had been acting off. He would sneak out the house and come back with a bad mood. It was concerning seeing as he barely would get mad now. Each day he would appear like his old self. Even Kaz and Oliver saw the change in him.

"Hey, I'm home." Marcus shouted from the door. I got up rushing to him.

"Hey, uh, where were you?" I said.

"I was out." He simply answered. I looked back at my grandpa. He shrugged just as confused as I was.

"Out where?" I asked, following him to the living room. He stopped deeply sighing. He ran a hand through his hand slamming him water bottle on the counter. He turned to me with a glare. I was taken back and he quickly blinked putting up an act.

   "Just out, alright?" He said, managing a smile before rushing off to his room.

My grandpa and I exchanged looks. He went to grab his laptop immediately firing it up. I went to the kitchen where he leaned against the counter with his laptop. When brining Marcus back to life he insisted on adding a tracking device on him. I was against it. It was an invasion of privacy. Now thinking about it, I'm glad grandpa never listens to me and installed it anyways. Apart of this tracking device, it also let us show what Marcus sees. Even though he is part human now, his eyes are still of a robot and allows us to view what he saw on a screen.

Grandpa rewinded to a few hours earlier but the screen was blank. Just the confused reflection of my grandpa and I. Grandpa furrowed his brows clicking random buttons on his keypad.

"Guess your thing doesn't work." I said. Grandpa side eyed me closing his computer then firing it up again.

"It does. Give me a minutes. Go talk to him." Grandpa said, taking his computer to his room. I went back to the couch resting on the sofa cushions. This was so unlike Marcus. His anger tolerance or even annoyance was basically none existence. What ever happened must've been bad.

I decided to take grandpa's word of advice and went to his room. I knocked serval times but no answer. On the last knock, I let myself in by peeking in his room first. Marcus sat staring intensely at his computer screen. His computer was station next to his bed facing the wall so it's easy to sneak up on him. I tried to look at his screen but the brightest was turned all the way making it difficult.