23: Near Death Experience

~•~•~•••~•~•~

Marcus rushed off to find the bionic trio. He found them already paying for their order. Adam waved once noticing him and passed him his cone. Marcus quickly muttered a 'thanks.'

"Guys. Leo took off with the car with Lauren inside. He looked freaked out. I don't think he knows how to stop the car."

"What?!"

"Can't your dad just come pick us up?" Adam nonchalantly asked, licking the frozen yogurt that melted down his hands.

Marcus groaned, "I wish he could, trust me he's been dying to meet you guys, but we have to stop the car before Lauren gets hurt."

"Don't you mean Lauren and Leo?" Chase questioned. The beeping of a phone got all the teenagers attentions. They check their pockets to see if it was theirs. It ended up being Bree's.

"It's Leo."

Marcus appeared startled at the sudden name. He didn't know what would Leo mention to them. Clearly that aren't in the best terms. Marcus worried Leo would reveal what he witness before the car took off.

Bree placed her pink phone to her ear. "Leo, where are you?" Bree asked. A muffled, squeaky voice was heard from the other end of Bree's phone.

"Guys, Leo and Lauren are in trouble. We have to help them."

"That's what I've been trying to tell you!" Marcus exclaimed.

"Wait! We haven't taken a picture with the froyo-a-go-go dodo!" Adam whined. He pulled Marcus next to the froyo mascot and took his phone out. Marcus rolled his eyes and reluctantly smiled for the picture.

"Now we're good."

The trio left Marcus alone with the mascot on their way to help their brother and friend.

Marcus wanted to go along with them but knew he couldn't watch them in action, it would throw off their plan more than the disaster Leo and Lauren were in.

~•~•~•••~•~•~

Deep breathes. Deep breathes. You're okay. Marcus will figure something out. Besides, Leo informed his siblings about our current situation and we'll be out of the speeding car in no time.

Leo tried to steer the car for the fifteenth time. He kept the phone on his ear letting me panic on my own and not know what was going on.

"Don't you think I would have tried that already?!" Leo shouted. Based on his reaction I bet Adam said something that isn't as helpful as we'd like.

"Put the damn thing on speaker will ya?"
Leo side eyed me and I huffed. I yanked his phone and pressed 'speaker.'

"... can't be polite, this conversation is over."

I was able to hear Adam say. There was struggling afterwards which made Leo and I look at the phone curiously.

"Leo, I'll use your cell signal to locate the car with my bionic chip gps." Chase explained. Leo's head shot up. His wide eyed bored into me. I knew this was coming. Oh boy, now to deal with this.