Missing Star (angst)

Eddie:

"Hey, Harrington, uhm.. long time no see huh?" Steve nods, sitting down silently. "How is she?" His leg is bouncing, and Robin rubs circles on his back and pulls his head into her chest. "It's not your fault Steve, none of us knew okay." He lets out a soft sob. "She's awake Eddie," Robin replies to him, I take a second to process while Steve continues crying. I stand, my legs feel like jelly. I slowly make my way to her hospital room. The oxygen mask is now removed but replaced with a tube under her nose. She's sitting up drinking a small cup of water. "Steve? Eddie?" With her soft voice, tears roll down my cheeks. My breath hitches but quickens in pace. I walk to her side and sit in the chair next to her bed. "Silas, how Uhm...how are you feeling?" She doesn't look at me at first, soft sniffles and she looks at me. "Eddie I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I told you I would be careful and I was irresponsible. And I-. I'm sorry Eddie. Please forgive-" I stand, sitting on the end of the bed in front of her. Holding her face, silent tears roll down our faces. "You're as beautiful as the day I thought I lost you." Holding her close, she holds tight to my shirt and nods. "I promise Ed I'll be more careful." Wiping the tears away and smiling at her, "Everything will be alright from here on out." Steve and Robin come in, "Silas, uhm.. the doctor said you are free to go home today if you'd like." She nods and looks at Robin, "Hey Robin." Robin waves and pushes us out of the room. "Go get something to eat with Steve." Robin sits and they start talking like it hasn't been almost a week.

Steve:

"Eddie. It's my fault, I'm her brother. I'm supposed to be there for her and I didn't know, if I knew she was in the car with someone intoxicated I would have gone to pick her up. I'm sorry." He looks at me, I can't tell what's going through his head but guilt is chewing through my heart. "Steve, I don't blame you. I don't blame anybody. I love her, we didn't lose her and that's what matters. Alright?" We get drinks going back to get ready to take her home.

Eddie:

It's been a month and her recovery is amazing. Sitting on the window sill she joins me. Feeding me a pretzel, "Okay so guess what?" I smile, "What's up sweetheart?" She giggles, "Year and a half ago we met." I smile, I recall it, honestly the prettiest girl I saw at Hawkins High. We graduated together, and she went to a different school but transferred for the last couple of. She pulls me out of my thoughts, "It just so happens there is a meteor shower day." I smile at her, "I love the idea, but we could watch it here, in PJs. Or on the roof, and we could kick Steve out since he has no bitches." We both laugh, "I HEARD THAT MUNSON!" We laugh, lay in bed, close our eyes, and fall asleep. Next morning when I open them again and she was not next to me. The bed is empty except for a sweater of hers. "SILAS?" I search her entire house, but she was not there. I pause, "Was. I just dreaming?" I run back upstairs. The date, it's a few days after her accident. Her room feels cold and neglected. A dust coats everything. Her shoes which were always neat and color coordinated were messy, her writing desk held a cup of tea from days ago. A few forsaken flies float in the cold sugar golden liquid. Her pencil in a specific page of her notebook. I peek in it, a home plan. She was planning our future. She thought about naming our daughter Edaline, and our son Stephen. Tears hit the page, a positive pregnancy strip was taped to the side of the page. "Oh god, Silas. I miss you. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." Shutting the book and silently breaking down. I lost her, my love.