Ballroom Dance (FLUFF)

Modern AU, Tw: Sweet Sweet Romance

Modern AU,
Tw: Sweet Sweet Romance

Sunni:

"Congratulations Sunni and Eddie. Made it to 3 months." Dustin pats Eddie's shoulder and gives me a warm smile. Walking away we are back alone in the hall. "So how long are we supposed to do this....this thing?"

He looks at me, sitting up against a locker, "Honestly until prom. I heard Jason saying he's not over you just yet." Nodding and hugging my knees, Part of me is so happy I get to "date" Eddie for a few more weeks. But all the effort I put in has been genuine.

"Sunni,hey earth to Sunni." Looking at him, "What, sorry?" He softly chuckles, "Nothing just asked how you feel about this ending soon?" Sighing heavily I nod, "Good, I feel good. Can't wait,"

The thought of no more sleepovers, no more date nights of us just in a field goofing off, no more dates in empty parking lots sitting on top the van eating junk food in our PJs, it all makes my heart hurt. Back in my thoughts I feel his stare burning as he studies my face.

Eddie:

"She said good. She can't wait to break up."  I can't help but look at her stuck in her throat but her eyes staring at stickers she glued to her dirty black and white converse. Her fingers wrap around a untied lace and letting it unravel.

The tension between us getting colder and harder to avoid. "What color you thinking of wearing prom Queen?" She shrugs her shoulder, "Tell me what you're thinking?" She looks up, the line always made her happy.

"Well I was thinking colors, if I wear purple like lavender my wedding would need a new color palette. You know, I can't just overlap. And the theme is very purple friendly so I was thinking maybe Yellow. But every girl is going to be wearing yellow. So since Beauty and the Beast is mainly yellow. What if we go with the first outfit color? Me, a light soft blue and you a  nice maple summer red. Since everyone will aim for the ending outfit colors."

I smile, she's adorable when she rambles. "You put alot of thought into it, didn't you sweetheart?" She nods, crawling over and going into her bag, flipping through her journal she stops on a page...it's of a dress design and it's hand sketched.

Gently my hands hold onto the shabby book. Looking at her she lets me take hold of it. I flip through and see many childhood movies she doesn't speak much about but watches alot have dresses or outfits drawn based of her favorite character.

For Coraline, plain black jeans with a blue sweater, heeled boots and a black scarf. It's absolutely beautiful. The way she writes notes in the margins to remind herself. I carefully flip through, sure to not tear one of the delicate pages. A page of sheet music for a piano is glued in with the title, 'For my Husband, My only Love'

Looking further there are details about a wedding, her wedding shall be hosted at midnight in Autumn when not many leaves have fallen but have changed color. Her dress is a simple white sundress with a white transparent hooded cape. The hairstyle she chose was just a waterfall of curls.

Her cake was to be different shades of blue and white. Her was would be just her and her husband. I hope to be the man who sees her in such a beautiful gown. Such beauty scenario plays in my head, stealing her pencil out her hair. I flip the page by maybe 15-20 and gently write something down for her to find.

Later that week, we get ready for the prom but I don't want this to be the end. By the end of this dance we are supposed to end as if it never started. The time we spent together was nothing more than just help getting over an ex.

The pretty well known but not popular girl with the metalhead freak. Something nobody expected but her heart was nothing more than the rarest of gold's.  She walks out my bedroom in the most beautiful blue gown I've seen. It looked like a more elegant version of the dress Belle wore in the beginning of the film.

Uncle Wayne takes our pictures with a Polaroid and smiles. "You kids look great, now go have some fun tonight. Please be safe." Nodding I carry the bottom of her dress as I walk her to my van. Climbing in she collects her dress. Shutting the door gently to make sure none gets caught in the door.

At the dance we pay for our tickets and enter, a soft song plays as either people talk, get their pictures taken, dance with their friends, or get drinks. Walking her to a table, pulling a chair out for her. "I'll go get you a drink and we can go take our pictures after." She nods as I kiss her forehead and walk off.

Her smiles is wide as she looks down her freshly painted nails. Getting her a glass I see her big beautiful eyes searching the dance floor for someone until I catch sight...Jason, he's holding Chrissy against him as they slow dance. Walking back, setting our cups down. Pulling her close, her face presses lightly against my chest.

"Eddie?" She whispers softly, I feel my heart pounding against my chest. Surely she felt it, "Yes Dollface?" She looks up as we dance slowly. She looks up, "The idea of us being fake, at first it scared me. I never really been in a relationship besides him."

I nod, ready to listen to her as always. "But with you it felt natural, and real. And maybe you are a good actor, but what if I had stopped acting? I don't want tonight to end the way we originally planned it to be. Tomorrow I want to wake up with the memories we made, knowing we made them for us and not for some stupid rebound camp type thing. I really grew attached to you and every moment you are away from me, I want to call to hear your voice, I stare at pictures so I can remember your beautiful smile, your eyes they light up when you see me. But maybe you are a good actor and I put you in an awkward position. Pardon my enthusiasm."

"I like your enthusiasm. I like you too Sunni, you are the most gorgeous girl I have ever met. You are so thoughtful, so selfless, so kind, so generous even when you may need it, you are so strong, so creative, and you are absolutely beautiful inside and out. I love the idea of us being the ones in your pre-planned wedding. I love the idea of you being mine. I love you."

She smiles, "You remembered?" I smile, "If I meant what I wrote, I mean what I say." Kissing her as she smiles into it.