Only Human (angst)

Black reader, little sexual activity but nun fully out there. Play the audio when it gets to the 'That' part with Steve.

Eddie:

Maru shoved pieces of her clothes in a bag while silently letting tears fall down her face. "Maru, please just wait."

She turns and exhales, motioning for me to speak but anything to defend my actions didn't come to me, I sat on the bed next to her bag.

She shakes her head, "Exactly, you knew what you were doing." Trying to snatch it off the bed. Grabbing the strap and pulling her to me.

"I'm only human, I have urges. I make mistakes." She's been busy in her college courses building her career while I slept with other girls on mine.

"That's one- hell of a fucking defense." Her voice cracks as she struggles to get out of my embrace.

"LET ME FUCKING GO..please" the last word came out as a whisper, more tears rolling down her face.

"I love you Maru." She looks at me, her eyes seem empty and emotionless. "Yeah, I bet you do now."

Kissing my cheek, she grabs her car keys and leaves the trailer. Uncle Wayne comes in, leaning on the door frame.

"She was building her life, taking care of herself to be better for you. And you go around hopping from town to town. Just to cheat on her."

Shaking his head, "Only human my ass."

Maru:

Maru:

Driving to Steve's, Robin is there. I just hug her, they know exactly what happened. They were with me when I found out.

Steve let me rent a bedroom as I long help at Family Video. I agreed.

The next few weeks were better but still felt lonely. Coming home late from school, I set my keys on the kitchen island, pushed myself on it, and drank a beer left behind from when I left.

"How were classes?" Looking it's Steve, his hands buried in the pockets of his jeans. "Uhm long, I finished that essay though." Pushing my hair out my face.

He moves towards me, my legs cross over the other as I pull a book out of my bag. He stands in front of me, a hand next to my thigh.

Looking up at him, he looks at me. My eyes flicker to his lips which the bottom one glistened and was slowly being tucked in between his teeth.

My breath got heavier, pulling him into a kiss that was hot..but lustful. His hand holds the back of my head as I tug his shirt up.

Our mouths only part for him to pull our shirts over our heads. Quickly back kissing for him to put his hand on my back. My hand on his shoulders leads to us stumble into the living room.

On my back on the living room floor his knee presses against my core, stopping as he looks into my eyes. "You are gorgeous."

"Thank you." His mouth kisses my chest before removing everything else on our bodies. We collide into a mesh of lust, a ball of pleasure and exhilaration.

The pain I needed to get out of my head has finally been pushed away from my main focus as his every stroke of my inside gets me closer.

The next morning we are both naked holding each other. Shame washes over me, sitting up I'm careful not to wake Steve. Picking up my clothes. Silently creeping to the bathroom.

Running a shower trying to wash some common sense into me. Finally feeling free to be alone in my thoughts, what happened with Steve feels like a mistake.

But it feels like it was what I was missing. Out the shower in my room just brushing my hair and putting my underwear on. Putting a simple pair of shorts and a T-shirt on.

Quietly walked downstairs grabbing my phone from Steve's side. Seeing what happened was recorded and sent to Eddie. "Fuck." Whispering underneath my breath.

Snatching my car keys from the counter and tiptoe ran to my car. My phone is full of missed calls and texts from Eddie. Slamming my hands continually into my steering wheel screaming in frustration at myself.

Calming myself and grabbed my phone. Listening to a voicemail,

"Are you guys together? We aren't even fully broken up. Maru what the fuck." He laughed it off angrily

"I'm sorry, okay, I'm fucking sorry. Just please come back." He sobbed into his phone

"I didn't even love her, okay? You just weren't there and I needed some. comfort. Come on we're even now."

Deleting the rest and driving to school.

Eddie:

My head in my hands, my room a disaster. Holes were punched into the wall, and my dresser broke. My guitar is the only safe thing. She read my texts but she hasn't replied to me. Why would she even sleep with him? Why was she calling him baby? Why did I hurt her? "I fucked up."

Maru:

Maru:

After school, Steve is sitting on his porch smoking a cigarette. "Hey, you uhm..have a good day?" Nodding and sitting next to him.

"How was yours?" He sighed, "Fuzzy." Tipping to pour beer in his mouth. Nodding I take the bottle and take a sip as Eddie pulls up.

Standing up, I walk to him. He walks to me, standing in front of each other. "I missed you." He whispered, "I know." Kissing him softly, "But I'm done missing you."

"You fucked up."