Muse

NOTE: I WILL PUT A NOTE OF WHEN YOU SHOULD START THE SONG ABOVE

-

"You did pretty well today, not better than me though"

Gojo sits on the floor a few feet away from you taking his boxing hand wraps off slowly. You chuckle at his stupid comment because Gojo is always so full himself. He's your friend but he's also an ass, and no matter how much you try to seriously prove to him that you'll be the number one sorcerer he will never admit it, because he's too cocky to even believe that anyone could ever be better than him.

"You'll never do it huh?" You ask him.

"Do what?" He looks at you still unwrapping his hands.

"You'll never admit that I'm surpassing you in being the number one sorcerer" You say to him causing him to stop unwrapping his hands.

"I'll never admit it because it'll never happen Y/N" he rolls his eyes. "There's nothing to admit"

"Yeah, yeah whatever" you smile looking down at your shoes.

You know that you'll never get it out of him but you do it anyways just to get a laugh out of him. Gojo knows that he's the best and he's proved it time and time again, he is the most talented sorcerer you've ever met, and although you befriended him because it was convenient to be around someone like him he actually ended up being a really good guy.

Many find him to be extremely self-centered, condescending, unprofessional, foolish and a few other things, and they're absolutely right about all of that but despite the fact that he's all of the above he's actually very sweet, smart, hardworking and most importantly powerful as fuck.

Gojo isn't sweet to everyone though, only people that he took a liking to and he most definitely took a liking to you. You didn't know it but Gojo knew that you would surpass him at some point but he would never admit it to you. Why? He doesn't even know why, he's always too distracted admiring you and your every move, yet he knew that you would never notice a guy like him and he knew deep down that you deserved someone better.

"What're you doing tonight?" He asks you finally freeing his hands from the wraps and adjusting his blindfold.

"Work" you sigh.

"Need me to walk you home?" He mumbles starting to feel irritated. Gojo isn't a big fan of your choice of employment. The thought of you dancing with barely any clothes on for disgusting men who are most likely eye-fucking you just doesn't sit right with him. But he knows why you do It so he doesn't say anything about it.

"No, Satoru I'll be fine" you tell him.

"You sure? I can come watch then walk you home."

"No, you know you're not allowed to come see me" you reply to him.

"Why not?" He asks you.

"Because- I don't want you to, we've had this conversation before Satoru... I'm an entirely different person when I'm up there dancing and I don't want you to see me any differently" you tell him.

It's true. Gojo has tried stopping by your job to see you perform before but you refuse to let him. When you're up on that stage you're not the same academic honor roll student that you are outside of the club. You don't know why but you take Gojo and Maki's approval very seriously and you'd hate to see any kind of disapproval towards you in their eyes.

"You know that there's nothing you could ever do to make me see you any differently" he reminds you. "Let me at-least walk you home even if I have to wait outside?" He says standing up and extending his arm out to pull you up.