Before The Storm

"Alright, you are going up on that podium in a few minutes" Mei Mei says adjusting the small mic into your hoodie. "There will be reporters everywhere with cameras, microphones all of it, don't listen to any of the things they say and do not answer any questions, just focus on your speech" She says squeezing your shoulders gently.

"Everyone should be tuned in, Including Sukuna" Nanami chimes in adjusting his glasses. His phone dings and he reads the message before looking back up at you and nodding to let you know that it's time.

"Alright give them hell, and remember do not take your hoodie and mask off.. He'll recognize your voice" She says.

"Yeah I know" You say taking a deep breath.

"Everyone's in position, lets go" Todo says.

Nanami and Todo, both wearing suits escort you outside and towards the podium where Immediately you get swarmed with news reporters and Journalists trying to get you to talk. Nanami and Todo stretch their hands out and stop anyone from coming near you until you make it to the stage.

You look around the crowd slowly and take a few deep breaths to calm down, everyone is shouting questions at you, some shouting that they still think you're guilty and others stare at you in pity, and you hate it.

You keep looking in the crowd and see Nobara in the same outfit as you who gives you a small nod of encouragement, Maki is in the far back dressed as a reporter and Inumaki is also with her. You look around the stage where the council sits giving you a small nod.

Your hands are shaky and sweating so you decide to plant them on the sides of the small podium. Before you can say anything over the shouts you feel a large hand wrap around your waist and pull you to their side. You look over to see that it's Gojo.

 what the fuck is he doing? You think to yourself.

"Ladies and Gentlemen you are here simply for her words, not to bombard her with questions or insults, please let her speak or we will leave.. She is a victim and we are all at fault here for casting her aside and being unfair her" He says into the microphone, and as soon as he does the crowd becomes quiet, almost as if he was their king.

They still kiss his ass after two years, but you aren't even surprised about that.

He looks down at you to give you a look of mischief  as well as a soft smile and you easily catch on to what he's doing, he's making Sukuna Jealous on live television because he knows he's watching.

You decide to drop your shoulders and take a deep breath while sinking into Gojo's hold, you look up at him and fake smile and proceed to blankly look at the crowd.

You know that this is all for the mission but you didn't think that you'd be this nervous to talk in front of a crowd of people, especially while he's watching.

"As most of you know, I'm here today because I was owed an apology from the council and my old colleagues." You take a deep breath.

"I was blamed and villainized for something that I didn't do, nor would never do.." You say as the crowd remains dead silent, you could hear a pin drop.

"My future was stripped away" You say nervously. "My life was taken from me and so was my freedom"

Gojo, softens his grip on your waist but pulls you in even closer to assure you that everything was going to be okay, this one wasn't a stunt to make Sukuna Jealous, it was just a friendly reminder that you were going to be okay and all you had to do was say a few more words and you'd be off of the stage.

As innocent as the hold truly was, Sukuna was sitting in his living room fuming at the the way that Gojo was touching you, looking at you, or even addressing you, How could you forgive him that easily after everything he said to you and how he abandoned you? Could you be in love with him? Did you just use Sukuna to forget Gojo?