Daydreams: Sunny X Reader

Requested by whispercat98, thank you!

"Alright, you two! Have fun!" Hero called as he left. He was going back home, leaving you and Sunny by yourselves in Sunny's house. Sunny had suggested you two bake something together, and Hero had given you a recipie for cookies before leaving.

"Alright... first, preheat the oven to 375..." You read. Sunny hit a few buttons on the oven. He was decently sure he knew what he was doing.

"Line a baking sheet with parchment paper..." Sunny said, reading over your shoulder. He followed the instruction as you read the next part of the list.

"Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda..." He watched as you found the ingredients. Whisk in hand, you poured the different items in a bowl. Sunny was completely transfixed. There was something about you that had seemed so... graceful. As if you were a chef, or a baker, and had done this countless times before...

...

"Sunny!" You called. He rushed over, avoiding guests and other servers as he made his way over to you. You handed him a platter of cookies.

"Drop this off at table five, please." He nodded. Trotting over to the aforementioned table, he placed the platter down. The guest who was sitting down smiled.

"Thank you! One thing though..." They said. 

"...What is it?" Sunny asked quietly.

"Why are you just staring like that?" Sunny tilted his head in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Earth to Sunny?" With that, he snapped out of his daydream.

"You were kinda staring off into space there... I had asked you if you had any chocolate chips."

Oh, right, you were baking cookies. Don't get distracted.

"Ah... sorry... they're in the cabinet right there." Sunny mumbled. You just smiled in response.

"It's alright, don't stress it." You were so nice to him... even if it was mostly just small gestures, you were still better to him than most people. It was almost as if it was your job to be so kind to him...

...

"Can you tell me more about Omori?" You asked, notebook in hand. Sunny sighed.

"I... don't really know how to describe him. He's... kind of like me, I suppose? He's more of a... persona. In all of me dreams, I just fall in to the identity of him." You nodded as you wrote something down.

"Very interesting. Are there any noticable differences between him and you?"

"Well, he... doesn't really show emotions that often. He's also compeltely monochrome, with pale white skin, everything else is black."

"Alright, that concludes it for today. Thank you for being so compliant, I'll see you next week."

"Bye..." With that, Sunny walked out of the door.

"Sunny!" Sunny once more snapped out of his daydream.

"C'mon, what's gotten into you? Quit spacing out on me." You said, giggling. Sunny's face turned a light shade of pink.

"I'm sorry, I... I'm trying not to..."

"I don't mind. Besides, it's kinda cute!"

It's what?

Wait, wait, wait, what did you just say?

There's no way you would say that. Was he hallucinating again? The last time he had a proper hallucination was when he saw Something, after-

After...

...

He was back again.

Why was he back here again?

Sunny was at the top of the stairs, with Mari shouting at him, his violin crushed at the bottom

"Sunny! What the hell is wrong with you? Do you... do you have any idea how expensive that was? How much effort was put into getting that for you? Kel spent weeks delivering newspapers, Hero and I spent months of our lives slaving away over a stove selling pastries, Y/N mowed lawns for over a month, and it was all so you could destory it in a temper tantrum? You seemed so happy when we got it... was all of that fake? Do you even care how much-" She was cut off by Sunny's body attempting to rush down the stairs. He couldn't control himself,  as if  he was a puppet being dragged around on a string.

"Hey, I'm not done talking to you! You can't just run away from me! Mari had stepped in front of him in an attempt to block his way, he tried to shove her away, and...

"Sunny?"

Sunny was thrown from his daydream for a third time. However, this time he was grateful. His breathing had quickened, and tears were welling up in his eyes.

"Sunny, what's wrong? You can talk to me."

"I... I can't hide it any longer... Y/N, I have to tell you something."