Comfort: Mari x Fem Reader

Requested by @DaphneTheBaker, thank you!

Hiatusn't

...

Putting your keys into the front door, you shambled into your home. Checking the clock on the wall, you groaned.

It's almost seven already.

After a long day, you wanted nothing more than to collapse and take a nap. Half-slamming the door behind you, you plopped down onto your couch. You weren't even going to bother changing into something a little more comfortable; You were tired.

Closing your eyes, you enjoyed the feeling of finally getting sleep for about five seconds, before the doorbell rang. Mustering all of the willpower you had, you sat up and started your long and dangerous journey to the front door.

God, I hate whoever woke me up.

You opened the front door to reveal your girlfriend, Mari, holding a box of some kind.

Nevermind.

"Hi, Y/N! How are you doing?" She asked, smiling as always.

"I'm... alright. How are you?" You responded.

"I'm doing pretty well! Can I come inside?" You nodded and stepped to the side, letting Mari enter.

"So... What brings you here?" You asked, closing the door behind her.

"Do I need a reason to visit my girlfriend?" 

"Fair enough, I suppose." Mari opened the box she was holding, revealing an assortment of cookies on the inside.

"I brought you these!" She said, passing the box to you. You smiled as you took one, sitting down on the couch.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome!" Mari sat down next to you, taking a cookie for herself.

"So... What did you do today?" You asked. Mari smiled, sighed, and shook her head.

"I've spent most of it practicing with Sunny. Sometimes I feel like he just isn't trying... The recital is in a few days, too... I'm just kinda worried that he'll blow it."

"Hey, I'm sure it'll be fine. I believe in you two." You said. Mari's smile became a little more genuine.

"Thanks, Y/N... What about you? What did you do today?" You chuckled, finishing your cookie.

"Nothing. I just got home."

"You what?" Mari looked astonished. "It's late!"

"Yeah, I noticed." You responded. Mari shook her head.

"Me. You. Cuddling. Now."

"Wait, wh-" Mari leaned over and scooped you into her lap.

"Mari, I- I'm fine-"

"I don't care. You need cuddles." She said, a bit too seriously. You sighed in defeat as Mari began to play with your hair. It did feel nice, but she didn't need to do anything.

"How are you even strong enough to do that?" You asked.

"You aren't that heavy."

"Oh." Mari giggled to herself. She put a hand on your chin, raising your face to look at her and booping you on the nose.

"You're really cute, Y/N." You stammered for a moment, unsure as to what to respond with.

"Ah- Well, I... Says you!" Mari's giggles turned into full-on laughter.

"Yes, says me. I said that your cute, and... What I say goes!"

"When did you become God?" You asked. Mari mocked thinking to herself.

"Hmm... Since... Right now!" You rolled your eyes as Mari gently kissed your cheek.

"On a serious note, darling..." Mari began. "Don't overwork yourself, ok?"

"I don't really have a choice." You said. Mari scoffed.

"If anyone forces you to overwork yourself, tell me, and I'll... I'll... I'll stuff them in my picnic basket!" Mari joked. You shook your head.

"Mari, don't kill anyone."

"I'm only joking!" Mari exclaimed. She wrapped her arm around you, pulling you onto her chest.

"Mine." She declared. You nuzzled into Mari as she let out a blissful sigh.

"I love you, Mari."

"I love you too, Y/N."