T H E • F E R R A R I S • 25

CHAPTER 25

Fay and Zayn walk into the darkened hospital room

Fay's breathing fastening, nearly making it impossible for her to breath.

Her mother, Emi Andrews, laid still, not breathing, with closed eyes.

Zayn looked at Fay, wondering if she was ok.

"Oh Fay, my child come here" an elderly lady engulfs Fay in a rough hug.

Fay could not do anything, not wrap her arms around the old lady, or say anything because she was staring at her mother.

The women who fought for her every single day of her life. Who saved her from the abuse of her horrible father.

The women who risked her life for her far too many times she couldn't count.

Her mother was her motive, the reason she kept waking up every morning. But now that she's gone, what can she do?

What will she do?

Will she throw herself in front of a moving vehicle? Or will she stand strong and live her life like her mother would have wanted her to?

Sounds cliche.

Fay removes herself from her old nanny's hug and walked over to her deceased mother.

"Mama" Fay whispered leaning down and cupping her mothers cold face, which used to be filled with warmth and color.

Her mother didn't reach to hold her hand, she didn't blink, she didn't smile.

She didn't move at all.

She was gone.

Fay felt her heart break ever more slowly then it usually did. She was afraid to be alone much longer.

She left her mother behind, but she had no choice.

She needed to leave. Her father had a bounty on her head. And she's sure he's coming for her now more then ever.

Her eyes clouded with tears, as she pulled her mothers hand on her cheek, but she didn't cup it.

She didn't say anything.

It only made her heart ache more and more.

Fay noticed a white paper peeking out of her mothers left hand.

Grabbing it she opens it slowly, it was when she laid eyes on the words, she broke.

Tsuyokunare watashi no chīsana yōsei...mama wa itsumo anata o aishiteimasu

Be strong my little fairy...mama will always love you.

She kneeled down dropping her bag as she let the pain engulf her like a tight blanket.