T H E • F E R R A R I S • 28

"Yes, she's in here; I tried to be nice and dismiss her, but she's a fucking parasite," I tell Anastasia while glaring at Lexi

"I can't tell Elle because she'll kill her...literally" I say as Lexi rolls her eyes and continues trying to come up closer.

"I'm on my way, just make sure she does not touch you" I sigh and nod my head.

"Now, I have two options for you, Lexi Lagan," I say, pushing her back.

"You leave now and resign from this office and move to the other one" I pause and look at her r seriously.

"Or get a special visit from my sister-in-law," I repeat twice as she scoffs and smiles.

"That old lady won't do anything to me," she remarked as Anastasia entered the room.

"Oh, you mean me, sweetheart?" Ana asks as she steps beside me, putting her bag on my desk.

"Let me tell you something, I don't like women who offer themselves to taken men," she pauses and approaches Lexi.

"Doesn't sit well with me, especially women who want to tarnish the names of any of my family members," she says as she sits on the edge of my desk and looks at Lexi.

"You will leave his office pack your things, and look for another job" Lexi scoffs and crosses her arms

"or what? You can't force me" Ana tusks.

"Oh but I will honey, let me tell you something, you will not, I repeat will not mess with my fiancé ever again, much less try to seduce him because if you do, I will make sure your family finds you near Ingrates forest park with bugs in your mouth" Elle walks in grabbing her hair and pulling a blade near her throat.

"Now leave before I acutely start positioning my blade where I want to start," Lexi scrambles out without blinking.

"Elle" I start as she looks over at me and smiles.

"Thank you," she says, walking closer to me.

"Ana thank you as well" she nods her head grabs her bag and heads for the door.

"I'm going to get going, kids if you need anything call me" Elle groans at the 'kids' part but nods her head.

"you did good in proving me wrong, I'm lucky to have a man like you" she smiles as she snakes her arms around my neck.

"Elle" I start off feeling a bit bad for what I'm about to say.

"Yes?" She asks sensing something almost immediately.

She lets go and looks at me with concern.

"I can't do this anymore." I look down at her, waiting for her reaction.

"You can't do what anymore?" She asks with confusion laced across her face.

"I want to break up," I say, she look at me; shocked.

"You have got to be kidding me, Angel." She shakes her head, stepping back.

"Why the change?"

"What's going on with you?" She asks as I sigh, not knowing what to say.

"I" I begin but can't seem to finish.

Flashback:
"Lexi, I can't," I say, trying to push her back.

"Please, don't you want to feel like we did back in college?" She asks while sitting on my lap.

"No, I'm engaged now, I can't," she interrupts me by kissing me.

God, her lips feel so familiar, and it's like I've craved them, like I've missed them.

This is so wrong... I'm going to get married to Elle...

"Just this one time ok, fuck baby take your clothes off" I demand lifting her up and placing her on my desk.

•••

"We will never do this again you hear me?" I was looking at her as she dressed herself.

"You should leave her if you don't really love her," she whispers barely so I can hear her.

"I can't; I'm already in too deep," I say, feeling a bit more puzzled.

If anyone finds out about the affair, I'm done.

Flashback over:

Her phone's ping interrupts my thoughts.

"Because I can," she doesn't let me finish before a fist collides against my jaw.

"You piece of merda!?" She yells, pulling out her gun and pointing it at me.

"You complained about me having trust issues, and you have the audacity to prove me fucking right!" She says, pushing the cold barrel harder against my neck.

"I can't believe I said yes to you; I can't believe my sister came here to help me and you out!"

"Your here acting like a fucking victim to her hands, and yet here I am in the same fucking room. You fucked her," she shakes her head, anger filling her eyes.

"God! I'm so fucking stupid! You had my picture on your desk at the same time you fucked her! How would you feel if I did the same?" She yelled, her voice slightly breaking as she wiped her tears furiously.

"Fortunately, you cheated just before we got married; this is over. You come near me, text me or my family Angel, and I will fucking murder you and spread all your fucking body parts all over town," she says, looking at me with disgust.

"Oh, and here, give this to your little college love," she says, throwing the engagement ring on the desk.

"Elle"

She cuts me off and grabs her bag.

"Shut the fuck up!" She hisses, leaving me in the room.